Fallout 2 mod Last Hope mod V1.081

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Forgotten Knight, Oct 9, 2006.

What do you like about this mod?

1. Quests

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Locations

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Both quests and locations

13 vote(s)
    81.3%
  4. I'm new to RPG concept, i have no idea what i'm doing but i like it!

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Mates

Mates First time out of the vault

Feb 3, 2009
    Hi, no I did not steal anithing he start shooting at me right after he let me in the base(After I go throught "brotherhood" gate and fece doors).

-One question: Are some underground levels in this base? Some ventilation shaft is in the midle of the base but i cant find any entrance. Can I buy some guns in this base?

I can´t wait util 1.04 will be released :D

Good job :clap:

2. Forgotten Knight

Forgotten Knight Time traveler stuck in time... Modder

May 24, 2006
    Thanks, you can always download the latest version from the link in my signature. Have fun and check readme if you encounter any problem while playing this mod, hopefully you wouldn't have any. :)

1.No underground levels
    2.No weapon shops in the base but you've got two of them downtown.

I'll check this again and edit this post when i find out what's wrong, please be patient.

3. popadinec

popadinec First time out of the vault

Feb 5, 2009
    Hi, at first, congratulations, you made a really great mod. It even made to me to finally register at this forum and I played fallout 1 week after it has been released:)

As I see you need some betatesting so I run trough Philton in 1.03 and found some bugs so here´s my report:

1.)Empry bottles quest appeared finished when I got it
    2.)Fist combat quest in the cellar - no opponent appears :)
    3.)car tires quest - whne I bring them and tell him about them, conversation quits and no response
    4.)Guy warning me about mayor´s assasination - no way to tell him Ok, Iĺl do it, only possible response to end the conversation is This is non of my affair (maybe not bug, i can warn mayor then, but it is just strange because I told the guy that none of my affair :) )

+ as mentijed before I got some crashes when trying to speak with metal armor guard, but now it works fine so it repaired itself :)

Well I will play more and report if find anything else.. But hell Forgotten knight you are such a great man you deserve Fallout Nobel Prize :)

update 3.) - I managed to give those tires and finish the quest, but had to talk about the quest again, then it worked (but i talkded with him a had the quest active even before). Then completed tools quest, but then mechanic cycles and gives tires quest again.

5.)farmers community - oldie quest with broc and radscorpion tail - he doesn´t react even when I have more of it in inventory than he wanted

4. JaW

JaW Still Mildly Glowing

Oct 1, 2006
    You need 5 broc flowers and 3 radscorpion tails.. it worked for me.

5. Forgotten Knight

May 24, 2006
    Thanks Popadinec and welcome! :ok:

Ok, corrected.

Done, fixed.

I couldn't get the same result but i've corrected some code, so you wouldn't be able to ask for the same job twice.

When you ask about bandits or why he has to keep his mouth shut, then you'll get the "...can i help somehow?" option. i'll soon upload v1.04 with a small fix where you have karma check changed.

Checked, I had no problem with this. I can only recommend you to dl v1.04 when it becomes available and hope for the best :mrgreen:

6. popadinec

Feb 5, 2009
    Well some more here:

Philton - The ore + barrel quest - again I can ask for the job again when it is already done

Philton - Emty bottles quest - same, after completing the quest cab be taken egain

Sheriff in Golden Walley still gives reward for the missig people quest again and again even as it should be repaired now as you wrote?

Military base in Golden walley - doc quest to watch him over his things - everytimes a take this quest and wait after about a minute combat starts and soldiers atack me - dont know why, did nothing there, in 1.01 the quest went Ok

Philton - guy with coffins - nothing happens when trying to speak with him (maybe not bug, maybe he shouldn´t response or I didn´t do something)

well and Canville - very crashy place, much errors in dialogues, many dialogue - crashes, I think many dialogues missing... should I map the crashes an errors? Because it looks like you haven´t finished this town yet so if you ever plan to finish...:)

But anyway I love the way you concept this mod.. The only thing i hated on old fallouts was that with combat armor+ and gauss or plasma no one could stand in your way and they were very easy to find.. but now you fight in brahmin armor and shotgun if you´re lucky and It´s just great! This is the battles-difficulty Fallout should always had ;)

7. Cubik2k

Cubik2k Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?
    Modder

Nov 22, 2005
    Philton (v1.03):

Priest blocked the exit form "catedra" building. That happen when I talking first to Eddie,then I did not want to exit so fast from Eddies home. Then hE wants to attack me. After this I enter to Priests Catedra, then the attack mode turn on because Eddie see me. Priest run to exit/door, then blocked me. I talk to him, but I can not exit form building.

Here is a screenshot:

Eric quest (boxing)
    I take this quest as second, I can not take third quest without this boxing. Boxing is not finished or so. Here is a screenshot (where is Bone Jacob??? - he does not appear, and I can go away from a box).

8. Knedlik

Knedlik First time out of the vault

Jan 29, 2009
    yep, Canville is Crashville :) car dealer having "errors" in dialogue option. Cars are able to run or not? I bought the Truck, can use trunk, but cannot run away even i start it with keys : :?

9. JaW

JaW Still Mildly Glowing

Oct 1, 2006
    Readme says:
    - new vehicles, not directly drivable but used to store items
    so I think we will have to wait for the drivable cars and companion NPCs similar to Dogmeat or useless Ian (which I personally wish to be included some day) :D

10. popadinec

Feb 5, 2009
    I bought a car, all locations now have my car in front of them usable as a stash.. But there is a problem with Philton .. Philton map with a car doesn´t open the gate after i speak with the guard that lets me in the town.

11. Forgotten Knight

May 24, 2006
    1-4.will check
    5.guy with coffins, will fix this, map change, might not be playable with old save
    6.i have this crashes too, but all dialogs are in place, there's nothing missing. I've edited some maps with dims mapper 0.99 and created some serious s*it, it's my fault for doing this and i'm not blaming anyone. :deal:

So, npc turned hostile and you can't get out. This is not a bug, it's coincidence and i'm afraid i'm not going to edit the script and add push procedure, sorry. :P

I fixed this but didn't upload the update yet.

So there you go. Right now i don't plan to change vehicles behavior in the game.

Do you have any contraband goods in you inventory?

12. sula

sula First time out of the vault

Dec 16, 2005
    I have a silly question. Where can i find shovel?? I know that man near coffins in Phylis has one, but i need it at beggining of the game in Farmers Community, so. I checked all avabile locations but no luck.

And also how to turn off force field in abondoned military/research facility? I activate security for killing rangers, etc but i don't know what to do next. I would try to blow back up generators but I dont have dynamite anymore, checked in all avabile at this game stage shops ,waited , but no more...

Forgotten Knight --> Carnivale really needs fixing. It crashed max. after 10 s when i enter city (in my previous game) i didn't even have to do nothing entering and staying for 10 s was enough to crash game. reinstalled Fallout and mod ,started from beggining we'll see if there will be any change.

13. JaW

JaW Still Mildly Glowing

Oct 1, 2006
    [spoiler:34b53aa117]Search in the corn field.[/spoiler:34b53aa117]

[spoiler:34b53aa117]The generator is the one. You will need definitely one dynamite. I have had 3 dynamites in that time, so I had no problems at all.[/spoiler:34b53aa117]

14. sula

sula First time out of the vault

Dec 16, 2005
    Thanks !

btw:

I confirm that on 1.0.3 you can still have unlimited exp from mayorr in Golden and double your gold at doc's.

15. popadinec

Feb 5, 2009
    No contraband, everything went ok.. (I suspect you made the car as new map with car object- bacause when I went to Philton with car I couldnt go anywhere there, it behaviored as a new just explored location where i could go just only to the first location, not in others i already had explored).. I had the original F2 car, dont know the name, maybe highwayman or something, maybe you just forgot to give there open-gate-car map if you did that asi I have written, if not, sorry for spam :)

16. Knedlik

Jan 29, 2009
    Is there any way how Shelter can appear on the map? I dont know, how can i get back there. :roll:

EDIT: Philton: Mary asked me for another 20 bottles, so it is the same problem like with Nick (10 tires), i cant see, you´ve fixed already (sorry if i missed that)

17. Knedlik

Jan 29, 2009
    Gimme a Hope that Canville can be fixed? from every important locations seems this is most important.

Your mod is best i have ever played and i am looking forward for a day to play with least minimum of "unforced" errors/bugs. Look at Megamod-> v2.34, group of fans working on it and so many errors/unfinished quests left still after long time, you´re much far than they are, you´re working hard and fast- still can´t believe my eyes what i have seen in the mod. You´ve implemented really good stuff and ideas in there including surprises :clap: :clap:

18. Forgotten Knight

May 24, 2006
    Ask him again to enter. Timed event procedure can get stuck some times. Vehicle behaves like an object with a script, nothing more. Vehicle can't restart visited town state, tested this, also can't prevent player from entering certain areas. Vehicle most of the time appears only on town start areas and it doesn't affect player's placement.

"The Shelter" is supposed to be secret location, that's probably the reason why you can't see it on world map. :wink:

Mary's quest fixed. It'll be shown as completed as soon as i add this change to the latest version.

It's pretty much important, will fix it soon. Not too soon. :mrgreen:

19. Knedlik

Jan 29, 2009
    well, compared to the quest i got there, i am sure there should be another way to get in there and hopefully it is not the same one to get robbed...

I hope we still understand each other the problem is not in it´s completion(that problem was fixed as i am aware of) but after completion you can get the same quest again and again whenever you ask for.

20. Knedlik

Jan 29, 2009
    is there any smart way how to get in sewers in philton? I dont have any dynamite nor keys does not work. i was thinking to buy metal pole and try to pull it out then...