Fallout 2 mod Last Hope mod V1.082

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Forgotten Knight, Oct 9, 2006.

What do you like about this mod?

1. Quests

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Locations

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Both quests and locations

13 vote(s)
    72.2%
  4. I'm new to RPG concept, i have no idea what i'm doing but i like it!

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Forgotten Knight

Forgotten Knight Time traveler stuck in time... Modder

May 24, 2006
    If all the rats are gone, there should be a dialog option to say: "It's done. The mine is clean. All the rats are wiped out."Even when the "trade contract" quest is active, this dialog option should be available if "rats quest is still active".
    I did a few tests, quest can be "stuck" if killed rats number is different from 10. I uploaded script file, made a correction if killed critters counter got messed up, extract(and overwrite) it to you game folder: \data\scripts
    If you're still having this issue, you can PM me compressed savegame slot folder you're currently using. Save game folder: \data\SAVEGAME\

Thread title should be fine now. About number of pages: quick search is available.

Attached Files:

2. neptunehs

neptunehs First time out of the vault

Nov 1, 2019

Sorry but installer version is megamod,or these two mod is same thing?

3. Forgotten Knight

May 24, 2006
    I would suggest using "Last Hope mod 1.082.rar" version, which i made and tested, it uses "only" essential mod files (no executable extensions) and installation should be easy while following the installation guide.

Installation version link currently leads to completely different section, not related to this mod except it uses the same base game.

4. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ Still Mildly Glowing

Jan 31, 2017
    So sorry, fixed it.

Installer - updated version of sfall & utilities (inventory filter, hi-res and auto open unlocked door).

5. neptunehs

Nov 1, 2019
    Sorry for reply to you again.
    I used your installer(Last Hope 1.082.2_.exe) and open the game,then in the intro movie,I found subtitles not match movie.
    20200806221952.png

Then I found I can't type names normally
    20200806223952.png

Is it normal?
    (And I find sexual not match appearance but not affect after started game)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  6. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ Still Mildly Glowing

Jan 31, 2017
    updated version
    1. Subtitles and additional Intro - my initiative.
    2. Hieroglyphs instead of normal text-try the 'scroll lock' or open ddraw.ini:
    ;Code page DOS/866 (for Fallout US version)
    ;XltTable= uncomment this, deleted ';'
    ;Code page Win-1251 (for Fallout 1C version)
    XltTable= comment this, set ';' to the beginning of the line

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  7. neptunehs

Nov 1, 2019
    Sorry but I want to ask a question:why nobody in bulls wants to talk to me except a merchant always say no stock?

8. Forgotten Knight

May 24, 2006
    It's tied to a certain quest...
    Militia Leader, Derek, will give you a mission to investigate Bull's smuggling operation. Then you'll be able to talk to Bull's leader James, the guy behind the podium.

9. neptunehs

Nov 1, 2019
    20200810.jpg
    Yes,I've got this quest(And also shop owner tells me goto bulls),but bulls just tell me "beat it".
    2008081002.jpg

And why both two men call “Weak gun guard”?

10. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    On a side note, someone should really fix the walls of that building. It's using the walls in a very nonorganic and lazy way. :x

11. Forgotten Knight

May 24, 2006
    One early morning, two months ago, I told myself the same thing and changed it. :) Some other stuff as well. I just didn't take the fast shot perk to release the new 1.083 update sooner, instead i aim to do it later this year.
    Check that spoiler :)

Now I see, excuse my cloudy thinking, too much healing powder:
    First mission for Derek is to find supplies (stims and rifles). After that, shop owner should tell you about Bull's weapon stash in their basement(hidden stairs)
    farmers bulls.jpg
    Then you talk to Bull's guard, pay $4500 for rifles. Stims are not included, you have to find them elsewhere. After this mission, Derek will offer you another "detective" mission i mentioned earlier.

Weak gun guards are not twins i assure you, it's a script error, fixed(update in progress).

12. neptunehs

Nov 1, 2019
    Yes,I found it...
    ...Why my ability of exploration is just so weak?
    Thanks for your reply.

Report something not important:
    20200811.jpg
    1.When I was "smuggling" plasma gun and plans and chips,I press "G" to pick up everything because fence was disturbing.
    But when I press "G" to pick sth.,it scripted "Error"s.

2.When I use "steal" on the robot of Philton,it scripted "You failed to fix the robot".

More question:
    1.Why I can't get down into manhole after I killed mr.basil?
    And I can't report any to sheriff after I escape from prison and killed mr.basil.

2.Why Neil in the Canville farm will attack me when I am attacking deathclaw?

3.I get an application error when I came into deathclaw carvens.
    2020081202.png

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  13. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    :flameon:

14. Vali

Vali Redeemer

Apr 29, 2020
    I have played this mod and the Map edges are terrible. On the other Side i like it it is every time good to play new storys in fallout game.

15. Forgotten Knight

May 24, 2006
    For "smooth" map edges you can download "fallout 2 high resolution patch"(4.1.8) from multiple sources, i highly recommend it. From there you can change screen resolution you're most comfortable with. First post, page 1, has some useful tips on how to install LH mod. Thanks for giving LH mod a spin!

1. I can't get the same error, save game slot(PM me)for more info.
    2.Scripting thing:
    There's nothing to steal from it, you can only repair it.
    More answers:
    1. I worked on this after 1.082, should be available when i upload 1.083
    2. Fixed for 1.083
    3. Mods/Game can produce some "random" errors, this doesn't happen on my end.

16. neptunehs

Nov 1, 2019
    Every time everywhere I press "G" to pick sth. I will get this error.Maybe this is a "random" errors...
    And I can't get into deathclaw carvens because it throws error every time,so only I can do is open a new game...

I put savedata here,hope they help.
    slot07 is military base,just press "G" it gets errors.
    slot08 is Canville,talk to Jerry and enter carven will get error.

By the way,maybe it's good to tell player what item is abandoned by entering military base in Golden Valley.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020