Launching the ICBM, getting ahead of game?

victor

Antediluvian as Feck
Orderite
So I've taken some time off the main quest to wander around in the wasteland. I got all the keys the ghoul wanted, but instead of giving them to him I went to that fort. Inside, I found a power armour (can't use it yet, no training) and launch codes for an ICBM. I launch the ICBM, nothing else happens. Is this part of a quest?

Also, there are tons of sattelite dishes scattered around that place, anything related? I went inside one of them and found some codes after killing a merc and some ghoul inside. Did I mess up a quest now? I'm really trying to tread on eggshells with this game. I feel like a quest trigger can get ruined anytime.

Please, try to avoid spoilers if necessary.

You've done all you can with the ICBM, it is not a quest, just something to add some life to the game.

You didn't miss anything in terms of the antennas, I believe they come into play later on in the game.

Then what's the deal with the Alien power cells that I found on the ground in the NW corner of the map?

It's for a certain special weapon that you'll find if you're a diligent explorer, you aren't messing up any quests though.

What ghoul, and where is he, wants the keys for Fort Constantine.

And where can I find the key to the launch bunker, and the door that's locked in the bomb storage building?

Are you talking about Highwater Trousers? If so I was disapointed when watching the things fall, standing on top of the tower watching them explode all around me in mini nuclear clouds, only to afterwards bring up VATS and see Radscorps, a few robots and Yao Guai standing around as if nothing had happened, all in almost full health.

[spoiler:1296ed2131]The Ghoul who wants the keys is Crowley in Underworld.

He'll try to get you to kill three men (four including Tenpenny who doesn't have a key) and bring back "special keys" as proof they're dead.

If you talk to them first and pass some speech challenges you learn the keys go to Fort Constantine and you need all three to get in. At this point you can go loot the Fort or give the keys back to Crowley and double cross him (I like this objection but I'm an asshole.)

The T-51b power armor is in Fort Constantine.[/spoiler:1296ed2131]

I guess I'm fucked because I killed Mr. Crowley. I didn't like the way he talked.......

Back