Looking to mod fallout 2 but can't find correct game folders

LennyBava

First time out of the vault
I'm hoping that someone here knows which folders to place the files in, from this mod:

The installation instructions are pretty terrible. Anyone know where to place the files, when using the Steam version? There certainly isn't any "intrface" folder. It's a lot of .FRM files and I can't seem to locate any of those to tell me where these should go.

Next question!

For this next mod, I'm not sure if I should install the modder's version of ddraw.dll. If I'm not mistaken, the Upu v30 (Fallout Restoration Project) mod comes with it's own ddraw.dll, and it doesn't seem like a good idea to replace that one with some other modder's version. I'm also not exactly sure where to install this one, maybe just plop everything down in my "mods" folder? Since the only clue the modder gives us is putting the mod in a folder called "mods".

Thanks!

tell ya what.. I'm not going to spoonfeed you everything.. download dat explorer 2 from the forum's download section Fallout2/utilities.
open master.dat with it and You'll learn the engine's folder structure. from there you go inside the data folder, and create folders with the same name as in the master.dat archive ( but only the ones you actually need). and place your files there. it's not hard, however spoonfeeding will take a whole lot more time explaining than You'd loose time learning the folder structure. so go ahead..

That's a lousy answer, all you had to do was say that the armor mod is already integrated into RP v30, and you don't know how to do the other one.

Last edited:
Back