Main Quest Point of No Return?

dorostheconqueror

First time out of the vault
Hey, I had a quick question about the main quest. From what I understand, there's four main branches here: NCR, Legion, House, and Wild Card, right? So is there a point at which you get "locked in" to one path, and if so, when is it?

I'm leaning towards this Wild Card route, but I'd like to follow Mr House's quest line as far as possible before I stage my coup. Right now I'm at the quest where I have to take the chip to Caesar's camp, and both House and Yes Man seem to approve. I don't need anything too long or spoiler-filled, a simple quest name indicating when I should decide to pull the plug on House would be fine!

Oh, and slightly OT question, are there periodic member purges here? I had an account on NMA WAY back in the day, but I haven't accessed it since well before F3 was released. I'm trying to figure out if I just forgot my user information completely, or if my account was simply deleted for inactivity.

Welllll, if you plan to get rid of House, the bunker at the Fort will be the high time to do it. You basically get the choice of [spoiler:00780b105b]uploading the chip data upgrade to House's securitrons and thus making him stronger, or blowing the place up, thus severing his remote control over the robots and preparing to destroy him completely at Lucky 38[/spoiler:00780b105b] As far as I understand, NCR and House prefer the first, while Legion and Yes-Man prefer the second.

Ausdoerrt said:
As far as I understand, NCR and House prefer the first, while Legion and Yes-Man prefer the second.

I went to the Fort after taking out House, and Yes Man wanted me to do the first as well.

Back