Major Ending Problem

UncleSlappy

First time out of the vault
My game consistently crashes during the ending slides. I just finished the game and cannot get through them without a CTD. Needless to say it's quite frustrating particularly as I didn't have very many technical issues throughout the game. It varies on where it crashes but I've never managed to get past Veronica's slide.

Looked on the Internet and while the problem is mentioned no one seems to have any solutions. Has anyone else encountered this issue or is there some simple fix I'm missing? It's on Steam (obviously) so it's fully updated and the machine runs Windows Vista. More info needed?

UncleSlappy said:
[..]

...and the machine runs Windows Vista. More info needed?

Hah! Same here - on Vista Ultimate. But ... I never get past image 2 or 3. So no Veronica for me here. :(

So far, I´ve no solution either. My best bet is some sound issues - as they cause a lot of trouble here. Thought I read something about the engine having some problems with certain drivers / dll versions, too.

Found an unlikely workaround.

Turns out you can save your game during the ending slides so just make a save once you've advanced a little bit, load it, and then keep loading and saving as the slides advance. You should be able to get through them all eventually.

Real pain in the ass though.

huh this just happens to me.

So freaking glad I finished the game, Ron Perlman badass is talking, and BAM, NV stopped working.

Slap in the face really. Love the game, but this is bonkers ridiculous.

Back