Mauler

Mauler's complaints about the show are fucking nonsensical in places. He complains at length about Moldaver's plan being unnecessarily brutal and convoluted that gets a bunch of innocent Vault dwellers killed for no reason.

And seems to miss the answer, "She's a bad guy."

Or that she cares more about revenge against Hank than Wilzig.

40 minutes in, mostly agree with what I hear. It's good to see review from a person that has no interest in the franchise and judges the show only on it's own merit. Too many people use fan's investment in classic games and NV as a defence for the show even when it falls apart on it's own.

40 minutes in, mostly agree with what I hear. It's good to see review from a person that has no interest in the franchise and judges the show only on it's own merit. Too many people use fan's investment in classic games and NV as a defence for the show even when it falls apart on it's own.

I mean, the regular audience universally loves it. It's the fans who are complaining.

Normies most of the time don't have a point of reference or context to why the thing they think they liked is actually bad.

Ain't nobody got time for long man.

Ha, ha. You should see the videos PatricianTV made for Elder Scrolls.

Morrowind = 8 hours
Oblivion = 12 hours
Skyrim = 20 hours
And Fallout 76 = 4+ hours

The "regular audience" are a bunch of dumbshits.

Or bots, because I keep seeing them on videos that are negative about the show. Arch got some, SyntheticMan got lots of them, Creetosis is still getting them, and Mauler will get some too I'm sure.

That and defenders keep holding up Rotten Tomatoes as proof the show is good, even though we can't see individual reviews anymore, and the site has been shown to not delete bot reviews for certain kinds of movies or shows in the past.

She's a bad guy
So now we can excuse every villain's moronic plan because they are a bad guy? Remember when we used to praise villains for their, well, intelligence and cunning, but now apparently villains can be idiots because that's what a bad guy is.

So now we can excuse every villain's moronic plan because they are a bad guy? Remember when we used to praise villains for their, well, intelligence and cunning, but now apparently villains can be idiots because that's what a bad guy is.

I mean the complaints about her plan being moronic are that they're immoral and she should give a shit about Rose's children just because they're Rose's children. Which she doesn't because she's a bad guy.

Oh and that she hired someone to smuggle Wilzig to Griffith Observatory in secret versus bringing her forces to Filly.

When, in fact, that plan would have worked fine if not for the fact that the Ghoul is a One Man Army.

I mean the complaints about her plan being moronic are that they're immoral and she should give a shit about Rose's children just because they're Rose's children. Which she doesn't because she's a bad guy.

Oh and that she hired someone to smuggle Wilzig to Griffith Observatory in secret versus bringing her forces to Filly.

When, in fact, that plan would have worked fine if not for the fact that the Ghoul is a One Man Army.
But that's kinda the thing, the initial attack on the vault is the only thing that characterises as a bad guy. She kidnaps Hank because he nuked and entire city, and she's characterised as in opposition to Vault-Tec and a genius who worked on cold fusion and survived since the War.
The only thing that really characterises her as a bad guy, the only thing she does as a bad guy, is letting her raiders rape and pillage vault 33, which was frankly quite unnecessary and uncharacteristic for her, insofar anything can be seen as characteristic since she hasn't really been characterised a whole lot.

But that's kinda the thing, the initial attack on the vault is the only thing that characterises as a bad guy. She kidnaps Hank because he nuked and entire city, and she's characterised as in opposition to Vault-Tec and a genius who worked on cold fusion and survived since the War.

Yeah but her opposition has made her a monster. Just like Hank is a monster but he sincerely loves his children and is a great father.

I guess I think Fallout fans would appreciate nuance in their characters.

The only thing that really characterises her as a bad guy, the only thing she does as a bad guy, is letting her raiders rape and pillage vault 33, which was frankly quite unnecessary and uncharacteristic for her, insofar anything can be seen as characteristic since she hasn't really been characterised a whole lot.

Mauler also complains about her keeping Lucy's mother as a Feral Ghoul pet. Which is another sign of just how completely off the deep end that she is. I guess I'm seeing this as a sign of the show's larger themes that people who are "good" can't survive in the Wasteland and it eventually turns them into evil people as we see with Cooper. Lucy's refusal to submit to this transformation is actually a big deal.

Finishing the video and yup, this show is just basically Fallout 3 again. A piece of media made by people that have no clue what the franchise is about, using recognizable iconography to try to distract the viewer from the horrid writing and poorly written story. And it worked given how many people, many that didn't even played the games, liked it because like i said above, they have no context as to why it's bad.

Not really surprised by the end result given that apparently the showrunner only played Fallout 3 (from what i read anyway).

I have long grown numb to the franchise's corpse being paraded around to try to make as much money as possible anyway, this shit doesn't affect me anymore. Still fun to make fun of it and watch the fans of it seethe in rage at the people criticizing it.

Finishing the video and yup, this show is just basically Fallout 3 again. A piece of media made by people that have no clue what the franchise is about, using recognizable iconography to try to distract the viewer from the horrid writing and poorly written story. And it worked given how many people, many that didn't even played the games, liked it because like i said above, they have no context as to why it's bad.
So, Fallout 3 all over but with a TV audience now instead.

Not really surprised by the end result given that apparently the showrunner only played Fallout 3 (from what i read anyway).

I have long grown numb to the franchise's corpse being paraded around to try to make as much money as possible anyway, this shit doesn't affect me anymore. Still fun to make fun of it and watch the fans of it seethe in rage at the people criticizing it.

888.jpg

I mean, he obviously played New Vegas since the show is dripping with New Vegas references.

So, Fallout 3 all over but with a TV audience now instead.

Yes, people like the new Fallout material and thus piss off the people who were there first.

What I term to be...FALLOUT HIPSTERS.

*scare chord*

Or bots, because I keep seeing them on videos that are negative about the show. Arch got some, SyntheticMan got lots of them, Creetosis is still getting them, and Mauler will get some too I'm sure.

That and defenders keep holding up Rotten Tomatoes as proof the show is good, even though we can't see individual reviews anymore, and the site has been shown to not delete bot reviews for certain kinds of movies or shows in the past.

You CAN see individual reviews through RottenTomatoes it just takes some digging. You have to pull up the page for the season to get the reviews, not the show itself.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/fallout/s01/reviews

Here's a good one:
The same thing seems to have happened with Amazon Prime’s Fallout TV show. It started out strong enough! The Last Of Us did, too. Many of these things seem to have a powerful, well-crafted opening, where the basics of storytelling are adhered to, tension and conflict are understood, and compelling worlds (lent to them by existing properties, in the case of these adaptations) are introduced. Fallout’s first episode had me keen on seeing more of the show. And then, just like The Last Of Us, it lost me faster than you can say: ‘Well, hang on, why should I care about all this again?’ (to be fair to The Last Of Us, it was still a lot better at that than Fallout, but still). I just couldn’t find myself caring about anything that happened onscreen. The actors were all good, and the Wasteland looked more lived-in and authentic than many modern post-apocalyptic environments, but the characters felt hollow, and the narrative empty of any compelling hook, its arcs weak and listless.
https://www.pajiba.com/tv_reviews/i...ly-one-who-didnt-rate-the-fallout-tv-show.php

I mean, he obviously played New Vegas since the show is dripping with New Vegas references.
You don't need to play the game to put pointless references in your product. House behaves absolutely nothing like he does in the actual game, so it's clear the showrunner hasn't played the game.

Back