@ Melee Players...

Pokill

First time out of the vault
how are you guys killing the Super Mutant Brutes and up? im not far in the game, but the ones ive come upon take a shit load of planning to kill...melee is my only weapon skill right now

but yea, was jsut wondering how you guys were killing your mutants

On my melee char, I kill them in one hit with the shishkebab.

Make sure to raise your explosives skill to 60 so you can get pyromaniac, which gives the shish 50% more damage.

interesting...i didnt get the shish weapon schematic from Moira this go around, is there a guaranteed place to get it at? thatll help alot...hows the -hp thing on it? is it too bad?

Pokill said:
interesting...i didnt get the shish weapon schematic from Moira this go around, is there a guaranteed place to get it at? thatll help alot...hows the -hp thing on it? is it too bad?

Lucky Harith always carries it. You can get it for free from Vance by completing Blood Ties. There's a few more locations for it as well.

For every extra schematic you collect, the weapon gains 10% more damage (doesn't work on weapons you've already created, you'll have to make it again).

The fire damage isn't terrible, but you'll be killing people in seconds either way.

you get shish rather late in game
but I found ripper rather early (forgot where) and then you just circle-strafe try to stay behind an enemy all the time

yea i did that Blood Ties quest and got one, thanks for the help =)

need to get my hands on a ripper, and then a power fist and/or a Fisto! are there Advanced Power Fists? i didnt see any on the first play through

Erny said:
you get shish rather late in game
but I found ripper rather early (forgot where) and then you just circle-strafe try to stay behind an enemy all the time

You can get the shish about a minute out of the vault.

Go rest in 1 hour increments outside of megaton and wait for lucky harith.

Heh I just run up and twat 'em with my powerfist... over and over again until they stop moving, though having the mysterious stranger perk helps.

Back