Mod Idea: Scrapheap Integration and Necropolis fix

Uncle Phosgene

First time out of the vault
I'll keep this simple.
Necropolis is canonically in Bakersfield in the lore. The directions given to you to get to Necropolis and describing it's relation to other locations fits that location rather than where it is (Set saying the military base is far north, which is true from Bakersfield, misleading otherwise) and the order of the Mutant Invasions(it being conquered second makes zero sense in it's current spot, perfect sense in Bakersfield). So move Necropolis and it's associated random encounters to the Bakersfield spot(which already has a small city tile).

And to fill the empty spot left by it? Put Scrapheap from the demo there. Powerscaling wise it helps fill a bit of a gap between badly armored guys with mostly rifles and the occasional uzi in The Hub, to the fully armored high power weapon super mutants. Scrapheap is mid level armor and weaker automatic weapons, with the bosses having miniguns. Helps fill that gap. Also it stops Junktown from having two companions, move Dogmeat's encounter here like in the Demo and keep Tycho in Junktown.

To be honest this doesn't sound like a half bad idea. I loved the setup Scrapheap had with Fools and Crypts for their not!Bartertown, but the demo was superlight on the content, it would be cool if it was expanded upon. Shifting Necropolis to the left side of the map to it's "actual" location might be a bit more trickier because IIRC there were gameplay reasons why devs wanted it to be where it is in F1.

To be honest this doesn't sound like a half bad idea. I loved the setup Scrapheap had with Fools and Crypts for their not!Bartertown, but the demo was superlight on the content, it would be cool if it was expanded upon. Shifting Necropolis to the left side of the map to it's "actual" location might be a bit more trickier because IIRC there were gameplay reasons why devs wanted it to be where it is in F1.
If I had to guess to make a cleaner separation of the two 'halves' of the game, but even that isn't fully consistent given that the Boneyard is buried far enough back you'll probably have better gear from either the Brotherhood or Downed Mutants by the time you get there. And all the descriptions of either it's location or other stuff relative to it fits the Bakersfield thing.

That and putting Scrapheap in the other spot avoids map deadspace. You don't have to make any new content, whole mod would be canon compliant since in 2 of the endings Scrapheap is abandoned and in the other's it's still hanging by a thread, it ceasing to exist in the future is fine, and Necropolis's spot is canon. (If I recall from the demo, last Fallout thing I played it was May or June I think, you can help the guys in metal armor, help the guys in leather armor, wipe them both out and liberate the peasants, kill everyone and leave the town wiped out, or sabotage the generator to force out the gangs, albeit dooming the settlement. There's a little ending text blurb).

I very much like the idea of moving Necropolis to the spot of Bakersfield. That could be a refreshing way to play the game. And as you say it's a bit odd to have the Super Mutants there when the current location is so far from Mariposa.

Maybe a mini-mod that is compatible with Fallout Et Tu?

I would rather integrate Scrapheap into Junktown. That location could benefit from a couple of more gangs. Then there would be The Skulz, The Fools and the Crypts. And then a quest about who controls the Brahmin dung generator. When I last played Fallout I was struck by the low amount of actual junk in Junktown. I would suggest a new area added to the town that is riddled with junk and inhabited by the Fools and the Crypts. Move the motorcycle of Fallout Et Tu from Necropolis to Junktown. However you need to find parts in order to assemble it. This would take some travel back and forth and eat away of your valuable 150 days timelimit. But if you get it to work you would save a lot of travel time later.

Are there random encounters with the Skulz around Junktown? That should be added. And in this case with the other two gangs as well, unless they are viped out.

e: What could replace Necropolis in it's own spot if it's moved to Bakersfield? You are on a timed quest and going further east would steal your time but could it be worth the detour? Scrapheap with a Motorcykle would be a good option. But I rather something else.

This map has Necropolis in it's right spot?

e: The Divide of Fallout: New Vegas: Lonesome Road appears to be located within the confines of the Fallout 1 map and also Big MT from Old World Blues...

This map is better: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7a/56/2c/7a562c34a132024eba7ae83461474355.jpg

e: After some consideration I would:

*Integrate Scrapheap into Junktown to flesh out that location
*Move Necropolis to the spot of Bakersfield
*Make it possible to visit Big MT, since that's located pretty close to where Necropolis was previously

This is Big MT how it looked almost two centuries prior to what you see in Old World Blues. So the scientists would probably have their robot bodies but it would be before Doctor Mobius tinkered with their brain functions. This would also be where you encounter Lobotomites in Fallout 1.

Last edited:
F1wmpedit.jpg

Not sure if combining Junktown and Scrapheap would be a good idea, I think it would overstep too much over Gizmo <> Killian arc, seeing how that town has an entirely different thing going for it.

@Violator
nah..
this would mean that on the way to necropolis you could encounter Master's army + floaters and centaurs, and ocasionally BoS vs. Raiders with you inbetween...

such encounters are to be encountered *post* plundering BoS of their loot, and possibly *after* miles upgrade to your party's PAs.. as surviving aginst a minigun burst is only possible then..

@Violator
nah..
this would mean that on the way to necropolis you could encounter Master's army + floaters and centaurs, and ocasionally BoS vs. Raiders with you inbetween...

such encounters are to be encountered *post* plundering BoS of their loot, and possibly *after* miles upgrade to your party's PAs.. as surviving aginst a minigun burst is only possible then..

Encounter tables can be adjusted though? Also
challenge accepted.png

View attachment 35253

Not sure if combining Junktown and Scrapheap would be a good idea, I think it would overstep too much over Gizmo <> Killian arc, seeing how that town has an entirely different thing going for it.
Thank you, that's exactly what I had in mind. Well, tweaking the image here a bit (making scrapheap not look sprawling and putting that design on Bakersfield instead of the small city), but basically yeah. Plus combined with that mod that adds the mini locations like the farm and cave to the map

View attachment 35253

Like my grand crazy idea here was essentially a directors cut 'all the content' mod. Do this to add the demo content and fix the Necropolis error, add in the cut missions that are mostly already there and just need a few fixes, add in some of the graphical and UI enhancments from Fallout 2, fix all the broken ending screens, the mutant invasion mechanic, maybe whatever mod I keep seeing on google images that adds the mini-locations to the map(Irwin's Farm, the Radscorpian Cave, the Deathclaw lair), maybe do that for some of the Boneyard because it's always been weird to me how two of those screens are meant to repersent parts of Adytum right next to eachother, one is supposed to be a few miles out of the way inbetween them and the Gunrunners, and the Gunrunners hideout is way on the outskirts. Everything!

I also had a similar idea for Tactics, but I have to actually learn to play that before I figure out which bugs need fixing or if you could add the two missions from the demo without breaking anything or that DLC mission I read about.

Back