Mutants Rising team needs help with scripting. Apply!

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin
8e9a07bd31dec8067b122b6fbe378e8df9fed1c7r1-676-902v2_uhq.jpg

Mutants Rising is a highly anticipated mod that has been some ten years in the making. Two days ago .Pixote. posted a thread where he asks for help with the remaining scripting to be done. It must be finished! To inspire us he posted some beautiful screenshots of all the locations in the game. If you don't care for spoilers they are a must watch.

The only thing left for Mutants Rising to be finished is some 300 scripts. The team behind the ambitious total conversion mod is seeking your help! If you are familiar with Fallout scripting and want to lend your hand you should get in contact with the team immediately. All the information you need can be found here.

Last edited:
I think the expression "Mutants Rising team wants you to finish their scripts" should be a little more friendly - "Needs help finishing their mod", can you change it please @Proletären. The reality is they would be assisting Ardent with scripting the last third of the game, approximately 320 scripts.

Sorry I'm not an admin so I can't change titles.

Can an admin please change this ASAP?!

If I've learned anything about the fallout modding community this year, it is that if you let them put their weird fetish bullshit in your mod you'd have them lining up around the block.

Is this real? Am I not dreaming?
How much is 320 scripts in work hours?

I can't say, I'm out of my element regarding scripts, some are pretty small, others are real doozies. But it's the glue that holds everything together, shitty scripting = shitty game. At least with the tools they use nowadays if a script has a problem the compiler will find it.

/* Script from map templete */
/*
Groom Lake West map script
GROwest.map
by Ardent
*/
/* Include Files */
#include "..\headers\define.h"
#include "..\headers\command.h"
#define NAME SCRIPT_GROOMM2
#include "..\headers\UPDATMAP.H"
#include "..\headers\GROwest.H"
#include "..\headers\MR\Location\GroomLake.h"
procedure start;
procedure map_exit_p_proc;
procedure map_enter_p_proc;
procedure map_update_p_proc;
/****************** MACROS AND OTHER DEFS *******************/
/****************** VARIABLES *******************/
export variable captains_door_ptr;
export variable hastings_ptr;
export variable intercom_float;
export variable ffield01;
export variable ffield02;
procedure start begin
end
procedure map_enter_p_proc begin
if ((global_var(GVAR_GROOM_MURRAY_STATUS) == GROOM_StatusVal_Murray_Arrested) or (global_var(GVAR_GROOM_MURRAY_STATUS) == GROOM_StatusVal_Billie_Arrested)) then begin
//Teleport Dude directly to Bask's office
override_map_start_hex(20107,0,5); //tile, elev, rot
end
else begin
display_msg(mstr(100));
override_map_start_hex(16438,0,3); //tile, elev, rot
end
end
procedure map_update_p_proc begin
Lighting;
end
procedure map_exit_p_proc begin
mark_exit_bleeding
end

I'm very tempted to sign up (again). What kind of scripting? Dialogues were one of the main ones back in the day.

Last edited:
I'm a bloody noob in Fallout scripting but I am willing to help and could give it a try.

Im excited! I'm so glad that Mutant's Rising is nearing completion and eventually release. I've been waiting since the beginning. Grew a gandalf beard and started living in a cave around my pc waiting

Back