Mysterious Death

DwayneGAnd

Look, Ma! Two Heads!
I ran into disaster on my recent character in Fallout 2. I was playing a character without the Gifted trait and going solo with a Charisma of only 1. I installed the implant and wore the Mirrored Shades to get both implant enhancements. At level 24, I used Mentats to get Sniper as I hadn't got the Perception implant yet. After conquering the base, I drive around, and then all of a sudden, I get a message saying I died from radiation sickness, and I'm barely radiated. What the hell? Does it have something to do with the Mentats wearing off? How can I avoid this in future playthroughs?

I figured out what caused it after some testing. It had something to do with having 0 Charisma after getting both implant enhancements despite starting off with only 1 and then using the Mirrored Shades and the module to do so, and then getting radiated. Even suffering from very low radiation sickness just to become nauseous will kill you. From now on, for every solo character not using Gifted, starting with 1 Charisma, if I want to get both implant enhancements, I'll take the Gain Charisma perk.

Back