New online character planner

Mythril

First time out of the vault
Last edited:
Also, I'm still in the process of adding support for 1, 3, NV and Tactics, no preview yet though

I just released a new version that includes support for FO, FO2, FO:T, FO3, and FNV.

Any builds you've made should continue to work/link just fine, as I planned ahead and made the FO2 planner on it's own URL.

I'm sure there are bugs, I can't test very thoroughly - if you run in to any mismatch between how the planner reports stats/derived/skills/traits/hp and the actual base game, please submit a github issue with a screenshot of the base game and a link to your build.

The URL bar now automatically updates with a link to the build you are working on.

The landing page might have a confusing UI, I tried my best to retain some 1950s clunky mechanical feel while still being a somewhat modern app.

https://nwcp.vercel.app/

Most future updates will be relatively minor for a while.

Awesome! Great job.

e: Small frame for Courier doesn't appear to lower Carry Weight.

Last edited:
The first release had an encoding error in the hash URLs, anything created since 12:20 AM today has a risk of breaking when loaded. Sorry, rushed out the multiple-game support a bit.

I don't have the game at hand, does it affect carry weight in F:NV? This wiki says it affects limb damage instead.

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Small_Frame_(Fallout:_New_Vegas)
Interesting! If you read the text in your character planner it says + Agility but less carry weight. That's my interpretation at least.

Small Frame
You are not quite as big as the other villagers, but that never slowed you down. You can't carry as much, but you are more agile.

I do not yet have accurate help tips in place for all games, at the moment it's mostly FO2 stuff

I could also make a build of it so you can host the planner on the site for your embeds
the planner itself is quite small and takes up almost no bandwidth with compression (typical page load is around 200kb).

The full site is about 750 kb last I checked

I was wrong, I just re-ran the numbers, typical page load is 68 bytes (!) via chrome's network tab, and a full load with an empty cache is 87.2 KB. The size on disk for the site is 684 KB.

Back