Palworld also known as Pokemon with Guns

Ediros

Water Chip? Been There, Done That
Trailer:

Basically its a combination of pokemon, ark survival evolved, fortnite, guns, Legend of Zelda and few others I cant remember.

Played it for like 15 hours and it's fun, addictive, well made for an alpha. It also costs only 30$.

Well worth it, but if you buy it now expect wipes and a ton of patches in the near future.

I have no interest in it but I hope it succeeds because it seems to be pissing people off and fuck Nintendo. :)

Basically its a combination of pokemon, ark survival evolved, fortnite...
That's already a combination of three things I don't care for personally. Seems like the game isn't for me, but I agree with Mr Fish, I like that it's pissing people off, especially Nintendo and Game Freak.

Hope it's better than Pokemon at least since that franchise has shit the bed for several years now. I also wouldn't be surprised if the alpha of Palworld is somehow more stable than the latest pokemon game because the latter still runs like shit, it's still crash prone, still bugged up the ass and overall really poorly optimized.

Hope it's better than Pokemon at least since that franchise has shit the bed for several years now. I also wouldn't be surprised if the alpha of Palworld is somehow more stable than the latest pokemon game because the latter still runs like shit, it's still crash prone, still bugged up the ass and overall really poorly optimized.

I can confirm it runs well on a 4 year old PC. The map seems fully complete and you can explore it's entirety. For an alpha it already is more developed and fun than pokemon sword and shield.

Of course, there are still issues, like: bugs, ai, pathfinding, etc. On top of that there are no sidequests or main quest for that matter. A few npc merchant + hostile humans + bossess is your only interaction with them.

Pals feel alive, some are good at one thing, others less so. They all have got unique animations for woodcutting, planting, watering, etc. The closest comparison I have found is Legend Arceus but better.

I have no interest in it but I hope it succeeds because it seems to be pissing people off and fuck Nintendo. :)

You should see pokemon Twitter, Palworld fans are mocking them relentlessly. Their account has never been active like that.

That's already a combination of three things I don't care for personally. Seems like the game isn't for me, but I agree with Mr Fish, I like that it's pissing people off, especially Nintendo and Game Freak.

Nintendo has done the same game for the past two decades and people are pointing it out on pokemon Twitter.

Basically, this game has got potential and I hope they build upon it + implement community suggestions that are good.

For an alpha it already is more developed and fun than pokemon sword and shield.
Not exactly a high bar to go over because Sword and Shield felt like an alpha build. The graphics, the perfomance, the story, the utter lack of anything resembling difficulty, overall lack of content, incredible low amount of polish (those fucking animations for npcs in cutscenes) it felt like at least 50% of the game was missing, but it was released anyway because either Gamefreak or Nintendo or TCPI think their customers are idiots with no standards (which they kind of are because the game ended up selling like 30 million copies).

I do hope Palworld succeeds, so that Nintendo and Gamefreak actually start trying to make actual finished products and not beta tests. Because for many years they have been basically uncontested and that has caused them to become incredibly lazy and uncreative.

It's basically the same thing as Bethesda releasing a bunch of shit games that people ate up because no one else was doing the same type of game, but as soon as other companies started doing the same thing, their games started to look bad even for the most casual gamer. Except in this case i want Bethesda go fuck itself since they bring nothing to the table in terms of games.

Just a quick update, Palworld sold over 12 milion copies on steam alone + 7 more on gamepass. I guess some Nintendo fanboys are butt hurt.

Even the designs of the creatures are better than a lot of pokemon in recent generations. Specially getting tired of Gamefreak just recycling old pokemon and most of the time they are worse than the originals (most of the robot pokemon in Scarlet and Violet look horrendous, same for a lot of the ancient pokemon based on older pokemon).

Quite frankly, I don't get what all the fuss is about with this game. Is it actually good?

:confused:

If you like pokemon/digimon/monsters tamers and/or Factorio/Rimworld, the game is similar to them.

I think its fun and you can fully customize it to make more or less grindy. Keep in mind, it's an early alpha.

As of right now, I would give it about 7.5/10. Solid and with potential, but needs work.

Back