People can just teleport?

heavy_beat

First time out of the vault
I'm sure theres probably a thread of this up already, but still, whats with this random teleportation thing?

While wandering through the wastes, a protectron appeared suddenly in mid air, then dropped a few feet to the ground. He wasn't hostile, he just ran off into the distance. No dialogue options either. Probably belonged to that traveling tinkerer fellow, but he was nowhere to be seen.

Outside the capitol, I took out a squad of super mutants who seemed to have a prisoner. After dealing out the death, I search their makeshift hideout to find a human sleeping in one of their beds. It's one of the janitors from Rivet City! Lopez I think. I wake him up, he says his typical line, the only line he ever says, "There is much work to be done." then starts walking back towards Rivet City, which is miiiiles away. I doubt he ever made it. We knew you well, mexican janitor...

A couple hours after I helped Brother Hoss rescue his initiate, I walked out of my Megaton house and saw a big grey blur shoot past me. Wtf? I chase them out of the city, finally reach them, and it's Brother Hoss again. Heading back towards the capitol where I first found him. *Sigh* He was almost dead at that point, but thankfully I had already done his quest. Because of random teleportation, another one bites the dust.

A situation similar to the protectron I mentioned earlier happened exactly the same way with a pack brahmin. No owner, it just appeared by itself in mid air, then ran away.

These aren't messing up the gameplay or anything, but, what if it happens to an important quest character?

Back