People dead for no reason....

beatnikjon

First time out of the vault
In the beginning of the game when I got to Megaton, I found Jericho died close (but not on) to the nuclear bomb. After playing for 15 hours, I found Nathan died in the pool surrounding the nuclear bomb. As so, the old man that repairs the water plant is gone. I have no idea where he went. Weird things are going on at Megaton.

perhaps his RADIANT AI neural network algorithm got depressed about the bad writing in his dialogs and he committed suicide

If you lived in a depressing war torn wasteland with such a bleak future you might decide to take a dive off the megaton catwalk as well :wink:

It's a glitch. They haven't been able to fix it. If you have the pc version. Do a google search and you can let them "relocate". Try searching if Nathan lies behind the Brass latern. Or under the waterplant. At my game he lies under the waterplant next to the path that leads above..

Now i'm stuck with all this scrap metal. All though there is an other person in the game who wants it badly.

Twisted said:
It's a glitch. They haven't been able to fix it. If you have the pc version. Do a google search and you can let them "relocate". Try searching if Nathan lies behind the Brass latern. Or under the waterplant. At my game he lies under the waterplant next to the path that leads above..

Now i'm stuck with all this scrap metal. All though there is an other person in the game who wants it badly.

Yeah I heard that too and I'm going to check under the waterplant this time. I'm playing in on PS3.

Yeah, had the same thing with Walter, the water guy in Megaton.

How to get him back, for the PC users:

Open console
prid 3B59 (prid = lock npc, 3B59 = Walter's hex code)
kill
resurrect
moveto_player

Then exit console, and whaddayaknow, he spawned on top of you.

Console users are screwed. Heh, kind of ironic, people use consoles because of fewer bugs/issues then on PC, but Beth seems to screw with that idea.
Well, with a lot of ideas anyway.

yeah people have been saying a few npcs in megaton have died, apparently it's because there's a high up spot without a ledge in their path that some of them will end up walking off of, plummeting to their deaths.

thedarkhorse said:
yeah people have been saying a few npcs in megaton have died, apparently it's because there's a high up spot without a ledge in their path that some of them will end up walking off of, plummeting to their deaths.

Indeed, I've seen the same happen for a lot of people on the Beth forums.

So I've expanded the list to all Megaton people and some traders, you can find the list here.

Back