Please Add to the Bad News Pile. Fallout TV

Cool. Better a TV show than a film. I think if fallout got put through hollywood it would deffinatly mutate. TV show might be cool.

Hmm, yeah I think a Fallout TV Show would be better then a movie, they wouldn't have to condense things into one 90 minute movie, they would have 12 episodes to go through the whole plot. That makes me happy.

Tycell said:
Cool. Better a TV show than a film. I think if fallout got put through hollywood it would deffinatly mutate. TV show might be cool.

One doesn't negate the other. Its unfortunate but true, they could make a TV show AND a movie... and a sports drink.

I agree that a TV show would be better than a movie, they also wouldn't need that much budget for it either (how much dusty shacks, junk, and ragged clothing would cost?)...unless they pay a bunch of money to overrated teenage "stars"...as long as they don't make it into a soap/chick flick like terminator: the sarah connor chronicles, i guess it would be cool to see what they come up with... :)

I could see a Fallout TV series being good IF:

1. The creators love Fallout and know all about it. Who would be a good? I can think from the top of my head about Joss Whedon (for that "western sci-fi" taste of Firefly) and Jericho's writers...
2. The series STAYS THE FUCK AWAY from the games' plot and focuses on other stories and plots in the universe, at least directly. But say, the main character travelling to The Hub and during his stay, he ends barters some of his stuff with a certain fellow that wears armor with parts of strange blue clothing visible and has a long-haired dude with a SMG, a gas-mask wearing, shotgun-toting fellow with a Nevada accent and a gray-black dog as his loyal companions. Something like that would be great.
3. Keeping to canon should be important. Super-intelligent AIs the size of a house are ok. Microchips and Transistors are not, unless they are somekind of super-top-secret governament technology that makes a small cadre of scientists drool because they managed to cram more processing power within that enormous house-sized AI. Lasers and Plasma Weapons are ok (but should be as rare as guns were rare in Mad Max, no silly "Every other wastelander has a futuristic lightbringer on his holster" nonsense), but a flying car is out of question. (ok, maybe one PROTOTYPE flying car that is dangerous, inefficient and never went to assembly line)

I'd imagine the Super Mutants would be a combo of live-action/CG effects.

Also, MIRV in the final episode.

A Fallout TV should could and never would stay true to the cannon... simply because it would take a 20 hour film to make everyone happy

Would be nice if they extended the plot of the games over a complete season, so we would see the master, MASTER!!, at the end of the first season, and on the second season we would get to see the chosen one, NCR, Gecko, the oil rig....

of course the series would get cancelled at the middle of the third season... :shrug: :P

but we would always have the first and second, right?... :wink:

OMG... They need a Choose your Own adventure TV show... at the end of every episode you are given 3-5 choices of what should happen and you call in and vote, the choice with the most votes is made into an episode!

Yeah.. I'm a lil wasted right now.. but it sounds like a fun idea (in theory)

Back