Pre-war Denver

Ave-H

First time out of the vault
I was looking through the design documents for Van Buren and thought a DLC that takes place in Denver right before the war would be interesting.
You have people rioting, food shortages, the city crawling with the police and army trying to control everything.
Also the dogs and dog cages can't forget about those.
I could see gangs, mobsters and their irk trying to swindle their way into somehow profiting from this.
Just a fun piece of Fallout history to play through.

Never. First because of the idea itself :> and second, because the engine can't do such stuff and will never be able to do it... A riot with 5 NPCs is just not believable.

Eh, I think pre-war denver still has some merit.
Needs some tweaking to boot.
Your right the engine couldn't handle it and make it believable.
Maybe this for a future game DLC or something else.

Is this idea salvageable or should one just stick to post war ideas?

I see it being, if anything, a small promotional DLC released before towards the end of the production of a Fallout game based in Post-war Denver. A small story, maybe a couple of quests but primarily to show off the changes made to the gameplay after FO3 and to demonstrate the new engines implementation into the Fallout franchise.

Anyone would have a brilliant idea for a name for post-war Denver ? Right now, I can't think of anything else than Dogtown or Dogcity. Any pun on Mile-High ?

Back