PS5 Pro Prices

Triple Alliance

First time out of the vault
In USD
$700 in America
$915 in the UK
$882 in the EU
$842 in Japan.

No disc drive, so you're limited to Sony's digital storefront :)

For comparison, the PS3's launch prices in America in USD was
$600 for 60gb model
$500 for 20gb model.

Adjusted for inflation in 2024 USD, that's $780 and $936 respectively.

Why do people buy consoles again?

This is funny because how common consoles need to update nowadays.
Yeah but console updates are something you just click and wait like 4 seconds to install whereas Windows will release something like Windows 11 and fuck your entire setup and have somehow less functional features than Windows 10 at launch. Plus you gotta install certain packages for older games on your computer and keep your graphics drivers up to date. For the overworked salaryman who just wants to play Halo for an hour before he has to go to bed, a console is more appealing.

Yeah but console updates are something you just click and wait like 4 seconds to install whereas Windows will release something like Windows 11 and fuck your entire setup and have somehow less functional features than Windows 10 at launch. Plus you gotta install certain packages for older games on your computer and keep your graphics drivers up to date. For the overworked salaryman who just wants to play Halo for an hour before he has to go to bed, a console is more appealing.
Wait, you actually updated to W11?

whereas Windows will release something like Windows 11 and fuck your entire setup
Which you can refuse, i still have Windows 10.

Plus you gotta install certain packages for older games on your computer
Many of those older games will install those packages directly when you are installing those games.

Plus many of the new consoles can't even play those games.

and keep your graphics drivers up to date.
Which you can put to do it automatically, haven't needed to install graphic drivers manually for ages.

When was the last time you used a pc, 2006? People who think using PC takes ages to do anything are wrong.

Last edited:
That or they charge for the "remaster" to play on a newer console because no backwards compatibility (admittedly that's more of a problem for PlayStation)

For example, let's say I like the Sly Cooper Series. PS2 games were $50 retail, so I spent $150 to play the trilogy. Then the PS3 came out, for which the vast majority of models are not backwards compatible with PS2 games. Fret not, you can spend money again! Buy the Sly Cooper Trilogy Remaster for PS3 for only $60.

See, the problem is console gamers as consumers don't see it as paying $210 to be able to play the Sly Cooper games on PS2 and PS3 and effectively being charged twice. They treat the remaster as a "new" game

Which you can refuse, i still have Windows 10.
For me it simply installed itself.
This is true.
Which you can put to do it automatically, haven't needed to install graphic drivers manually for ages.
I still have to manually install graphics drivers from Nvidia, I see that I can automatically download them but I'll still have to manually install.
People who think using PC takes ages to do anything are wrong.
That's not what I said, I'm saying that the appeal of consoles for the super casual gamer is that you can simply turn it on and play on your couch rather than have to worry about getting the right PC parts (or prebuild) to play new games without worry of bad performance. The couch point alone is probably the biggest factor, not everyone wants to sit at a desk in order to play video games.

For me it simply installed itself.
You had to have done something because that's impossible. I have been not accepting to install it since the beginning.

I still have to manually install graphics drivers from Nvidia, I see that I can automatically download them but I'll still have to manually install.
It's really no different than when a console is asking for an update, you click yes after it has automatically downloaded the drivers and then installs it.

I'm saying that the appeal of consoles for the super casual gamer is that you can simply turn it on and play on your couch rather than have to worry about getting the right PC parts (or prebuild) to play new games without worry of bad performance.
And the usual implication is that settiing up a PC takes too long and thus why someone would prefer consoles because they are seemingly faster.

The fact is that consoles are more and more behaving like shitty PCs, just asking for updates and other shit before you can play.

Last edited:
Back