Random freeze - help implementing fix?

billypilgrim

First time out of the vault
Hi all, I'm just about at the end of my tether - my copy of the game (amongst many other crashes) freezes seemingly randomly - often within 10 mins of loading a game, but sometimes I get over an hour of play in. Nothing short of force-shutting down my comp works, so it's kinda frustrating -_-.

I'm patched to 1.0.0.15, and have current (or at least, the best I can get) drivers for my Mobility Radeon 3470. Not great I know, but other than the freezes it has no trouble : P.

I know this error (or a similar one) has been logged in the bug wiki, but I've having trouble implementing the fix - I can't find the line relating to the mem buffer in any of the .ini's, or any of the save files. (The fix is to increase the buffer massively, and delete all but the most current saves). I can view hidden files etc so I don't know what the deal is :| .

Any help would really be appreciated. I'm back on 1 and 2 till I get an answer :P.

cheers!

A small update (and bump : P)...I finally found the .ini's, and changed the lines for something to do with InternalBuffer and ExternalBuffer to about 20x the defaults, and deleted all the savegames apart from my most recent, still no joy. It's really not worth even booting up, since it usually freezes within 5 minutes (and after the first freeze, even after restarting, they come thick and fast). HELP!

Back