Request info on old fan based fallout browser game

SoulKage

First time out of the vault
I’m looking for the name, and hopefully a link to the game. Years ago, many years before Fallout 3, I came across a fan made fallout game you would play in a browser. The game took place in a vault and could only communicate with other NPCs via a computer terminal. You had to know a little bit about real-world linux commands in order to find clues and move the story along.

Thanks ya’ll for any help.

edit: I want to say I recall being able to move between rooms like the old Myst games.

Last edited:
Doesn't really ring a bell...
Was it purely text based, in the terminal only? Or did it have some approximation of the look and feel of Fallout 1/2?

I’m looking for the name, and hopefully a link to the game. Years ago, many years before Fallout 3, I came across a fan made fallout game you would play in a browser. The game took place in a vault and could only communicate with other NPCs via a computer terminal. You had to know a little bit about real-world linux commands in order to find clues and move the story along.

Was it made with Adobe Flash? Because it sounds like something made during that era.

:confused:

Doesn't really ring a bell...
Was it purely text based, in the terminal only? Or did it have some approximation of the look and feel of Fallout 1/2?
It had graphics and an inventory. It felt fallout 1/2 ish. When you would access the terminal it was text based.

Last edited:
Was it made with Adobe Flash? Because it sounds like something made during that era.

:confused:
Probably? Adobe Flash was indeed prolific during that time. Many years before YouTube thats for sure! I want to say I originally found it from this forum, but it would seem this site has gone through some upgrades. I doubt they have record of it.

Last edited:
Probably? Adobe Flash was indeed prolific during that time. Many years before YouTube thats for sure! I want to say I originally found it from this forum, but it would seem this site has gone through some upgrades. I doubt they have record of it.
We should still have all threads since like 2000, so if you found it here, the thread is probably still there.
Maybe try using the search function in the news forum? But then again it could be in some other subforum...
It is going to be hard, unless you can think of good keywords to search for.
Search is here: https://www.nma-fallout.com/search/?type=post

We should still have all threads since like 2000, so if you found it here, the thread is probably still there.
Maybe try using the search function in the news forum? But then again it could be in some other subforum...
It is going to be hard, unless you can think of good keywords to search for.
Search is here: https://www.nma-fallout.com/search/?type=post
Thank you for the information and the search link. Glad to know the search goes back that far. Prior to this post, I was using it to try and find this game, or any mention of it. I agree without any unique keywords it is difficult, which lead me to this post. For all I can recall, it could have been 1998-1999 as I was hooked on Fallout 1 and 2 at the time and wanted more content.

Back