require advice in script editing..

gustarballs1983

Vault Fossil
Modder
So basically when i dreamed of Slavery mod, Lexx did routed me back to the ground, saying that all party members need to be present in party.txt in order for their armor stats to work..

So i figured how about enslaving animals ( they can't wear armor, and usually have some resistances imprinted in their protos anyways?

Not having an tamed animal in party.txt shouldn't be a problem, as they can't wear armor anyways, can't wield weapons ( mostly).

So i figured why not make a beastmaster mod, where using a rope on an wild animal could give the player a chance to tame it. it would follow the player, and attack his foes until it dies.

the main idea is for the mod to be universal, so that any quadrupled critter when rope is used on it, would compare Critter IN+ST *3/2 vs Player IN+ST+ any point in LK that is above 5, would give a chance to roll outdoorsman skill check to tame the animal.
preferably this could be edited rope script, so that it works out of the box on any animal critter..

Is something like this actually posible to achive via single script a.k.a without party.txt editing?

I for one know that it is possible to have a party member that is not listed in party.txt and it will follow dude both on the same map and through the worldmap, attack enemies, etc, it would only have problems keeping the armor stats of any armor worn, as they would all reset to 0/0% on map switch.. as is the case with Eugene from Fo:Sonora, however as i said this would not be the case, as critters generally can't wear armor. so there is no problem in keeping the armor stats...

the progression could start from something crappy as pig rats or dogs and end on mature tough deathclaws or tough aliens ( if any in a given mod)..

anyone have a example proposition on making such a script?

So basically when i dreamed of Slavery mod, Lexx did routed me back to the ground, saying that all party members need to be present in party.txt in order for their armor stats to work..
The issue is proto file related, which I explained multiple times by now. Your animal idea has the exact same issue... you can't move them from map to map without crausing problems, since their protos aren't unique.

Back