Restoration Project and SFall script problems.

Don't know but I suggest to just install RPU inside a separate folder and investigate which files there are.
Make a backup of your Fallout 2 install and copy and paste all RPU files into it to test if it runs.

Is it a way to "fix" the problem of auto - stopping a player movement in F2? I'll explain what i mean: having a decent sized map when a player click on the destination point/spot the dude runs but stops after moving some specific distance. In other worlds when the distance is to long the dude won't run in one, direct move but the player have to click once again around the destination spot to "re-run" the dude once again.

My questions:
1. Can that auto-stop flaw be fixed using SFall engine or some mod? This behavior is (in my opinion at least) VERY annoying - it decently degrades the game play smoothness. Sometimes You have to click several times to just move the dude where You want to!
2. Can the dude map movement (running speed) be changed with Sfall (i mean ONLY the dude movement NOT the whole game speed!)?

Last edited:
NumPathNodes in f2_res.ini determines the range calculation for the pathing. However, if scripts aren't specifically written with it in mind, it can cause issues and bugs. For example, using higher than 2 in ettu will for sure break a few scripts since NPCs will start walking to places which they originally never were able to reach.

NumPathNodes in f2_res.ini determines the range calculation for the pathing. However, if scripts aren't specifically written with it in mind, it can cause issues and bugs. For example, using higher than 2 in ettu will for sure break a few scripts since NPCs will start walking to places which they originally never were able to reach.
Ok thx for info. Can You be also so nice and answer my second question please?

I have no answer for that. Guess it's a no, don't know.

I'd like to write a script including a line(s) with a c-style cast operator int like below:
damage = max[int(total_damage) - int(modified_DR * int(total_damage)), 0]
There seems NOT no be an int operator and as far as i know F2 script have automatic type assignment. HOW can i implement the int operator to make the line work as expected?

Thx.

Is it possible to draw a semi-transparent image with SFall? If the answer ids yes how to do that.
Which function to use?

Thx.

Why? Are you sure you aren't looking for floor() or something like that?

Can someone please help me correct the code to draw an image?
Here is my code:
Code:
create_win_flag("ArmorInfoWnd", 10, 0, 320, 200, WIN_FLAG_DONTMOVE);
SelectWin("ArmorInfoWnd");
draw_image("../img/HR_SCRN_BG.FRM", 0, 10, 0, 1);

All it draws is just black rectangle. The image isn't drawn!

Game can't find your image. This is a valid file path:
Code:
"art\\intrface\\di_talk.frm"

There seems NOT no be an int operator and as far as i know F2 script have automatic type assignment. HOW can i implement the int operator to make the line work as expected?
As Lexx suggested, you can use floor() in place of cast-to-int. SSL follows similar rules as C when multiplying/dividing values: if one is float, then the result is float, otherwise int. So if you want to divide by a whole number and get a float, multiply it by 1.0 first like so: 1.0*x/y.

If you know you have a float value and you need to convert to int just like C does (discarding the fractional part), use floor or floor2 (read sfall docs for notes on difference).

As Lexx suggested, you can use floor() in place of cast-to-int. SSL follows similar rules as C when multiplying/dividing values: if one is float, then the result is float, otherwise int. So if you want to divide by a whole number and get a float, multiply it by 1.0 first like so: 1.0*x/y.

If you know you have a float value and you need to convert to int just like C does (discarding the fractional part), use floor or floor2 (read sfall docs for notes on difference).
Ok big THX:-)

I'd like to use the Format function to print a message on the screen. How can I get the proper string length to pass as a fourth parameter? As long as i know F2 engine uses variable - pixel size characters. Is there a way to get exact char width to calculate total string length for the width parameter?

Thx:-)

Is it possible to call/run external executable (program written in c++ for e.g.) passing it some parameters from F2 script using SFall?
If so how to do it?

Thx. for help!

You can't call a program, but you could output data into some .ini file and then have that other program constantly read the file to see if stuff changed. How, no idea, but in theory, probably possible that way.

Back