Seeking suggestions on unattended drive initialization and formatting..

gustarballs1983

Vault Fossil
Modder
As in thread..

Thing is I have a DRAM-SSD ( not to confuse with ramdisk) but it sort of works the same way.
It's significantly faster than my FLASH ssd but if I shutdown system it wipes.

the drive consists of ECC ramsticks, hence when i initialize and format it i put my pagefile on that drive.
all works nice but i would like to automatize the process instead of doing the same thing over and over when i startup my PC.

I handled the automated Pagefile creation bypasing the windows pagefile tools, but I'm still struggling to automatically format that drive, I'd need to write a script for diskpart, however i don't know how to do that, besides there are specific requiremets the script should fulfill or I risk formating my system drive.

You see diskpart in order to work on a drive requires selecting it by disk number, however my bios often shuffles those numbers around, so sometimes my Dram Drive is disk number 0 and 1 other times it's disk 2 and 3, this way, when doing automatic format and setting to fixed numbers i could actually format my system and data drives, and that would suck.

So there is a need for the script to break/pause on open command prompt with diskpart disk selection after list disk command, and continue after I manually choose the correct partition, is there someone on the forum who could provide assistance on this matter?

Back