So I watched the first episode of the Fallout TV show.......

Moldaver, a black lesbian woman, who's the boss of raider group, which kiIIed innocent Vault dwellers in order to abduct the Overseer, who also has Vault 4's NCR survivors worshipping her like a goddess, is a communist(shown in flashbacks), and narratively she's portrayed as the good guy.
She isn't portrayed in any light other than a pragmatic character that wants to turn on cold fusion. For whatever reason she can do that and survive 200 years but can't hack a Vault Tec terminal is beyond me. The whole vault 4 thing is really bizarre and was just shoehorned in for some reason that seemed more like something the Legion would do over the NCR. She's labelled as a communist because all dissidents were labelled as communists and it's just what American culture did in the 50s. She is only a good guy to people who are actually retarded.

She may have good intentions but accomplishes them in some heinous ways. The queer romance crap is just pandering, ignore it. It was some throwaway thing so the actress and showrunners can act high and mighty because lesbians are so rare apparently.

Now the Overseer, Hank, is a white straight man, who's kind, caring and even sacrifices himself in order to save the rest of Vault residents, is an employee of the Vault-Tec, and he for some reason nukes Shady Sands, and just has a complete reversal in his behavior and suddenly becomes a bad guy.
Hank was a character that needed more screentime in order for us to see what kind of character he was. He sacrificed the vault members in order to lock Lucy in a closet if I remember it properly. Vault Tec having nukes is infinitely stupid, Hank deciding to go crazy because his wife ran off with his kids seems a bit stupid but it did jeopardize the vault experiment.

The show even went further and retconned Communist China from dropping nukes, to Capitalist Vault-Tec starting the Great War.
The show really focused on Vault Tec, probably because of Bethesda and their massive need to paste Vault Tec everywhere. West-Tek has always been the real corporate hellhole of the universe, the FEV caused the Reds to nuke the US in the first place.

She isn't portrayed in any light other than a pragmatic character that wants to turn on cold fusion. For whatever reason she can do that and survive 200 years but can't hack a Vault Tec terminal is beyond me. The whole vault 4 thing is really bizarre and was just shoehorned in for some reason that seemed more like something the Legion would do over the NCR. She's labelled as a communist because all dissidents were labelled as communists and it's just what American culture did in the 50s. She is only a good guy to people who are actually retarded.

She may have good intentions but accomplishes them in some heinous ways. The queer romance crap is just pandering, ignore it. It was some throwaway thing so the actress and showrunners can act high and mighty because lesbians are so rare apparently.

Hank was a character that needed more screentime in order for us to see what kind of character he was. He sacrificed the vault members in order to lock Lucy in a closet if I remember it properly. Vault Tec having nukes is infinitely stupid, Hank deciding to go crazy because his wife ran off with his kids seems a bit stupid but it did jeopardize the vault experiment.

The show really focused on Vault Tec, probably because of Bethesda and their massive need to paste Vault Tec everywhere. West-Tek has always been the real corporate hellhole of the universe, the FEV caused the Reds to nuke the US in the first place.
Thought FEV was very secret and mostly in response to China potentially dropping bioweapons after the whole New Plague thing.

West-Tek has always been the real corporate hellhole of the universe, the FEV caused the Reds to nuke the US in the first place

Wasn’t it due to power armoured US troops approaching Beijing? In a last ditch effort the Chinese launched before the US would take the city. I can’t remember where I got that from though.

Wasn’t it due to power armoured US troops approaching Beijing? In a last ditch effort the Chinese launched before the US would take the city. I can’t remember where I got that from though.
Yeah it's here and CT Phipps claiming the same in another thread, but it's the first time hearing about this.
It doesn't make sense at all. FEV was developed to improve hardiness of humans against radiation and bioweapons, and before the War all experiments showed increase in strength, durability, aggression and intelligence in almost all test subjects. Why would you want to infect your enemy with that?

I believe it was Tim Cain who said it and I'm conflating things he said and what is canon. I don't think they intended on carpet bombing China with fev though, just the testing.

Yeah it's here and CT Phipps claiming the same in another thread, but it's the first time hearing about this.
It doesn't make sense at all. FEV was developed to improve hardiness of humans against radiation and bioweapons, and before the War all experiments showed increase in strength, durability, aggression and intelligence in almost all test subjects. Why would you want to infect your enemy with that?
I don't know about bombing China with it but again Tim Cain said the Chinese dropped the bombs because of the fev

I believe it was Tim Cain who said it and I'm conflating things he said and what is canon. I don't think they intended on carpet bombing China with fev though, just the testing.

I don't know about bombing China with it but again Tim Cain said the Chinese dropped the bombs because of the fev
So it's just something maybe Tim Cain said maybe somewhere. Yeah nah, it's a stupid thing and I don't accept it.

Vault-Tec dropped The Chinese on FEV bombs made by Aliens.
It was the Enclave all along, who have been actually secretly been behind everything since 1945, desperately trying to win capitalism.

I’ve never heard of this FEV bomb business before. The closest thing to it is the Enclave’s modified FEV in Fallout 2, but Pre-War FEV bombs is new to me.

It was the Enclave all along, who have been actually secretly been behind everything since 1945, desperately trying to win capitalism.

No it was clearly the Nuka Cola Corporation that was responsible. They somehow figured out everywhere in the post apocalyptic world would use their bottle caps as currency.

People mock corporate conspiracy in game full of corporate conspiracies.

Here's the relevant Fallout Bible passages:

1. The Mariposa Military Base was constructed for the purposes of FEV experimentation on human beings, and considering the nature of the "volunteers" (military prisoners who didn't have their brains scooped for use in brain bots) and the lack of any shred of ethics in the experimentation procedures,

it is possible the Enclave had something to do with the experiments at Mariposa. In Mariposa records, however, the Military Base is never mentioned as under the direction of any organization called the "Enclave," and Colonel Spindel, head of the military squad stationed at the base, never indicated any Enclave allegiance... nor did Chief Scientist Anderson in the last few minutes before Maxson put a bullet through his skull.

2. 2077, February - FEV Research nears completion. Protests in many major cities and governments around the world, as well as accusations that the US was responsible for the New Plague. The new virus, FEV, is seen as a threat, and serves only to fuel tensions.

3. Prepared for a nuclear attack from China, the president and the Enclave retreats to remote sections around the globe and make contingency plans for continuing the war

4. Bombs are launched; who struck first is unknown... and it is not even known if the bombs came from China or America. Air raid sirens sound, but very few people go into vaults, thinking it is a false alarm. The Vaults are sealed.

5. As China becomes increasingly aggressive with their use of biological weapons,
the United States government felt that a countermeasure was needed. The Pan-
Immunity Virion Project (PVP) is officially formed and plans are made to begin
experiments at the West Tek research facility in Southern California

6. FEV Research is leaked to the world through an unknown source. Protests in
many major cities and governments around the world, as well as accusations
that the US was responsible for the New Plague. FEV is seen as the threat it is,
and serves only to fuel tensions

So, yes, it seems I was wrong about the FEV being planned to be used as a weapon versus making Super Soldiers.

Last edited:
Wouldn't need to look up the Fallout Bibles to know that, it's an absolutely retarded take in the first place.
As for mocking corporate conspiracies, its not mocking the corporate conspiracies per se, it's mocking that Vault-Tec is now behind absolutely everything.

Wouldn't need to look up the Fallout Bibles to know that, it's an absolutely retarded take in the first place.
As for mocking corporate conspiracies, its not mocking the corporate conspiracies per se, it's mocking that Vault-Tec is now behind absolutely everything.

Except for the fact....I shared a video showing they weren't?

There were a dozen companies there.

Except for the fact....I shared a video showing they weren't?

There were a dozen companies there.
Again, at the Vault-Tec hq, asked to be there by Vault-Tec, led by Vault-Tec and following a plan laid out by Vault-Tec.

thought the Enclave was basically destroyed after Fallout 2

Dude, that line has been crossed by Bethesda like... 2 times in very major ways before already. And considering this is a Bethesda production, the Enclave still being around after all the other "canon" things in this universe I'd say its pretty mild. I'd say the current "canon", as Bethesda since Fallout 3 has the rights to say what is canon or not (don't have to like it, just the way things are), is that the Enclave is still around and is not going to go away, just as the BOS is still around and is not going to go away, and even to the surprise of many from what I gather intepreted from the show, the NCR is still aropund and is not going to go away.

Dude, that line has been crossed by Bethesda like... 2 times in very major ways before already. And considering this is a Bethesda production, the Enclave still being around after all the other "canon" things in this universe I'd say its pretty mild. I'd say the current "canon", as Bethesda since Fallout 3 has the rights to say what is canon or not (don't have to like it, just the way things are), is that the Enclave is still around and is not going to go away, just as the BOS is still around and is not going to go away, and even to the surprise of many from what I gather intepreted from the show, the NCR is still aropund and is not going to go away.

Chris Avellone is kind of hilarious in recent Twitter messages.

Back