Spoiler Your "presence" in Vault 101

Angelo85

First time out of the vault
Hello,

I registered because I missed (or forgotten? I stopped playing 3 month ago and just continued playing) a part of the mainstory and really want to know this. I didn't had the option to ask my dad about this, though I figured he would explain it to me.

MASSIVE STORY SPOILER ALERT DON'T READ ON IF YOU DIDN'T FINISH THE MAINSTORY AT LEAST HALF-WAY THROUGH

[spoiler:67cfe24599]Why did the people in Vault 101 take you and your dad into the vault? And why did they all act like you were born in the vault?

I thought maybe the water supply of Vault 101 ran out and they took your dad in to install a purifier but that would be a bit far streched, I mean how big is the chance the purifier fails and later that day someone knocks at the vault door and asks if you want to trade purified water for shelter...

Dad wanted to protect you from the outside world so he didn't tell you, but why did everybody play along? I think at least some of the residents would have been disturbed to take a bunch of "mutants" / outsiders into the closed community.
[/spoiler:67cfe24599]

Back