Subways, Utility Stations=Copy/Paste

Genma:TheDestroyer

It Wandered In From the Wastes
I swear, I've taken to outright staying away from the underground sections of the game unless there is a mission requiring it, or I hear something is interesting down there.

They're just monotonous, some are identical to the point that you get lost because you could have sworn you just came through there, and there's not even really any decent loot.

One particularly long stretch nearly killed my interest in playing the game at all. I ended up sprinting past waves of enemies, through the corridors, and to one of the surface exits. Hocked what little I had found, and turned off the game.

I found a holotape in one, telling me to find a key, and use it on a safe. In the safe I found "naughty nightwear".
When I took it, some NPC appeared, telling me to hand over the naughty nightwear.
I used a speech check to tell him I'm keeping it, then he wandered off.

What the?

Besides that one, and maybe 1 or 2 places out of 15, there is really nothing interesting down there. Are the US subway stations that boring and similar IRL?

Doesn't really compare to the effort they put in the rest of the FO3 world...

Ah, one other subway place of interest: The Family.

boer_kameel said:
I found a holotape in one, telling me to find a key, and use it on a safe. In the safe I found "naughty nightwear".
When I took it, some NPC appeared, telling me to hand over the naughty nightwear.

What the?

Besides that one, and maybe 1 or 2 places out of 15, there is really nothing interesting down there. Are the US subway stations that boring and similar IRL?

Yeah, the Family really just falls into the 'needed for a quest' category.

Where did this thing with the underwear happen? Sounds weird enough that I might like to see it.

Err... In some subway, lol ^_^

Somewhere in that giant shitload of interconnected subway stations, I believe close to where the Ant doctor has set up his lab.

Yeah, come to think of it, it was when I left his lab - even in the same complex.

Not sure of it though.

yeah real DC metro stations have a dull uniform "functional" design

and yeah it gets a bit tedious, so dont go there exploring, unless you have to

Genma:TheDestroyer said:
boer_kameel said:

What the?

Yeah, the Family really just falls into the 'needed for a quest' category.

Where did this thing with the underwear happen? Sounds weird enough that I might like to see it.

Yeah it's in Marigold Station, outside of Greyditch, that was bad though, because it kept me looking for other cool stuff in other Metro stations and I never found anything nearly as interesting.

Oh and there are like 35-40 Metro and railyard areas in this game, like 5-10 sewers and 10-15 or so power stations and radio towers.

That's like 50% of the locations in the game are just clone copy/paste areas with ammo boxes in them. The worst is "MDPL-21 Power Station": It has a safe set at "Hard" difficulty (75 or so) filled with... 16 caps and nothing else. lol, whatever.

The naughty nightware gives a nice speech/charisma bonus (+10 speech/+1 Charimsa) i think. You can give it to the guy that protects the Nuka Cola Nut for a tiny reward and bad karma. I keeped it, of course, nothing says "wastelander" more than a guy in a leopard pjs with a flamethrower... ;)

This is the only reason I wouldn't want a Fallout game being based on Manhattan. People think New York and they immediately think skyscrapers and subways. If the whole game is treated like the movie Cloverfield I'm going to boycott it. There's nothing good that can come from relying on subways to get around places. It's boring, it's predictable, and you almost always run into the most generic enemies.

Roflcore said:
You can buy naughty nightware at tenpennytower if I'm not mistaken

no, that would be sexy sleepwear...

there are 2 sets of bed clothing... naughty nightwear that gives a good speech bonus and sexy sleepwear that gives a low speech bonus...

if memory serves me correctly, you can repair the naughty nightwear with sexy sleepwear...

I found, and used speech to keep the nighty... And after every talon merc i meet wanted me dead. Related? Dunno. They all had a contract to kill me at least. Guess they didn't like the way i looked...
B!

-=Mr_B=- said:
I found, and used speech to keep the nighty... And after every talon merc i meet wanted me dead. Related? Dunno. They all had a contract to kill me at least. Guess they didn't like the way i looked...
B!

Talon mercs are triggered by one of two things:

1) defusing the Megaton bomb
2) High karma

If you qualify for either one of those two things, you'll find Talon mercs.

On the flipside, with low enough karma, you'll be attacked by Regulators.

Meh - most subway tunnels in the real world are all pretty monotonous, too. Really the only thing that's going to change in the Fallout universe is the varying degrees of destruction and radiation. The subway tunnels are sort of a chore at times, but I think the game is made better for them.

Back