The Bleak Future for ANYTHING Bethesda Game Studios

Do you like Emil Pagliarulo's writing?

• I bought and love Fallout 3, 4, 76 and Starfield, so yeah.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know who that is.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DirtyOldShoe

Some kind of lucky
The-Future-is-Bleak.png

You'll need to click to make it bigger if you want to read the text.
I'm not sad. I saw this coming a mile off.
He isn't a good writer, and the future will be reliant on mods to make the games good. If you can tolerate them at all.

Seems like a there is a healthy amount of people that like this writing.
They have solidified all future franchises with their wallets.

I don't blame him for being in a role that he shouldn't be in, I blame the people that celebrate mediocrity.

Indeed.

I mean, Emil's shit, we've known about that since 3 when he injected his own personal life of having a kid into the main storyline just because he could. And he's part of the big three. He's not going anywhere until he feels ready to move on. What else is new?

GREAT avatar btw. I love it.

My only memory of Emil Pagliarulo is when he made the [forum] rounds for FO3 at NMA and Bethsoft, before its release. I remember asking him questions about the game. Emil (and Pete) for those who don't remember, once worked for the Adrenaline Vault. Because of this, I assumed that they both (most likely of all the Bethesda devs) had seen or played the Fallout series games first hand. As some might recall, we (the fanbase) fished it out of some of the Bethesda devs that they had never played (some never heard of) Fallout, before developing FO3.

I asked Emil whether their upcoming FO3 title in any way resembled Dungeon Keeper; for its integrated 2d/isometric and first person 3D game modes. He said that it did not, but that he 'loved him some Dungeonkeeper'. Afterwards it seemed to me that Emil would log off whenever I logged into the forum.

I am in a minority who understands this and sometimes it is nice to not feel so alone.
I guarantee you that you are not in a minority. I have seem people heavily criticize Emil's writing pretty much everywhere (/v/, Reddit, Steam, Youtube, etc...). It is common knowledge that he is very incompetent at his job and that he is the main reason for the writing in newer Bethesda titles sucking so hard. The only reason he has such a high position within the company is because he's a childhood friend of Todd Howard.

Take a look at the comment section of this video if you want to have some nice lulz:

Yeah I don't think I've ever seen any Bethesda-fan necessarily praise Bethesda's writing, at least for the main quest. What fans of Bethesda seem to care about is the open world sandbox experience of going anywhere and doing anything. So long as the main story is serviceable it's good enough for them to not pay attention to its flaws.

Take a look at the comment section of this video if you want to have some nice lulz
It was worth posting this thread, just for this response. I had no idea that there was a demographic outside of NMA that knows where to put the blame.
I have a sliver of hope for humanity again.

Wish there was an easy way of getting a transcript of the comments. :cry:

Everyone knows Starfield is mid as hell so the writing is on the wall.

LOADING NEW ATLANTIS LOADING SHOP LOADING SHIP LOADING SCREEN THE GAME

I'm sorry I was gone so long. There are normal/intelligent/critically thinking beings here.
Normal by my standards, which are horribly broken. No offense intended.

Back