The kick

Cheomesh

It Wandered In From the Wastes
So I have a 15th level melee/unarmed character now. I have all but one of the melee attacks, and while I stick with the power fists mk 2, I do sometimes have to use completely bare handed techniques.

I recently realized that the piercing kick does the following:

Damage: +12, armor piercing
AP: 9
Critical Chance: +50%

I used it to moderate effect against the slavers in NCR. However, at a WHOPPING 9 AP (I have 10), it doesn't seem to have any real point. Unfortunately, I took heavy-handed so my crit chance is lower than usual. I've done the boxing quest and killed Lo Pan, and I was wondering if there were any other hand to hand style quests I could undertake to make kick attacks more powerful (or unarmed in general).

M.

I think that if you use the boxing bags in the SAD, you get a bonus. But it's been a long time since i played so i might be wrong.

JR Jansen said:
I think that if you use the boxing bags in the SAD, you get a bonus. But it's been a long time since i played so i might be wrong.

This is correct. Each bag gives a % increase to unarmed. You can also talk to the ex-Boxer at the Golden Gecko in Klamath.

Heavy handed shouldn't be the end of the world for you. Once you get the Slayer perk, all your unarmed attacks will be critical hits, so the crit % will no longer matter (and you will have the added benefit of more damage).

Note: Unless you're fighting heavily armored opponents prior to getting Slayer, the piercing moves aren't that great anyways. And even if you are fighting someone with armor, you'd probably just put your power fist on anyways.

Back