They're gonna fuck it up so bad (silent hill 2 Remake)

R.Graves

Confirmed Retard
https://www.ign.com/articles/silent...iving-up-psychological-horror-for-mass-market

its already a bad look to have your remake helmed by a literal who developer (i guess it panned out for the dead space remake but still) but this is genuinely the worst thing they could've said. they're on about they want to focus on gameplay and mechanics but thats looking at the project as more designing a toy than it is being faithful to the art they're trying to bring to a new audience. they're unconcerned with psychollogical horror and want to focus on mas market appeal. then make literally anything other than remake of a game meant to be a character study of broken damaged people. fuck this sucks

You could tell by the footage released this was gonna be Silent Hill 2 in name only.

Didn't even knew that SH2 was getting a remake and i wish i didn't knew, because jesus fucking Christ, i'm so sick of remakes at this point.

What's sad is that I knew that an age of endless remakes was coming. Hollywood went through it and is still in it (looking at you Disney) so why wouldn't video games go through it too, since both the film and video game industry are both extremely creatively bankrupt.

What's sad is that I knew that an age of endless remakes was coming. Hollywood went through it and is still in it (looking at you Disney) so why wouldn't video games go through it too, since both the film and video game industry are both extremely creatively bankrupt.
theres literally only been two great video game remakes that actually add something to their series. most just come off as missed opportunities where we couldve gotten new games instead

True. Not to mention that remakes often have less content than the originals somehow. Like the recent RE remakes.

You've gone too far this time Capcom!
capcom removed ashley's panty easter egg but then just straight up put a monster impregnation fetish scene in REmake 3
https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-21-2022/-lRHSm.gif

7rxyke (1).jpg

saw literally a 5 second clip.

>animations missing
>lines of dialogue missing
>characters redesigned for no reason fucking up symbolism
>new voicing fucking up symbolism and characterization
>atmosphere fucked in general
>static flat camera angles

my expectations were low but holy god

https://www.ign.com/articles/silent...iving-up-psychological-horror-for-mass-market

its already a bad look to have your remake helmed by a literal who developer (i guess it panned out for the dead space remake but still) but this is genuinely the worst thing they could've said. they're on about they want to focus on gameplay and mechanics but thats looking at the project as more designing a toy than it is being faithful to the art they're trying to bring to a new audience. they're unconcerned with psychollogical horror and want to focus on mas market appeal. then make literally anything other than remake of a game meant to be a character study of broken damaged people. fuck this sucks

Team Bloober also has a really strange and consistent history of victim blaming in their games, so I can’t imagine how that’s gonna affect the game if it makes it in

Honestly, Konami should have just gone back to not doing games. At least then it wasn't ruining their ips with bullshit (outside of those dumb pachinko machnines, but at least that was just in japan).

saw literally a 5 second clip.

>animations missing
>lines of dialogue missing
>characters redesigned for no reason fucking up symbolism
>new voicing fucking up symbolism and characterization
>atmosphere fucked in general
>static flat camera angles

my expectations were low but holy god
Oh boy, an entire thread dedicated to Graves stupidity...hmm, let's see:

1.So you work for Konami now. Way to go son! Had no idea you were familiar with every single movement every object makes in the game.

2.Same as above. You didn't write those motherfucker!

3. It's a remake, not a remaster.

4. Symbolism...pfffft.

5. How exactly?!

6. Oh please don't bother with the camera angles. Silent Hill 2 wasn't perfect when it came down to that one department.

if you unironically think the remake looks even remotely acceptable then you are more retarded than i could ever hope to even pretend to be and im not gonna argue about it rn i just got home.

at any rate your dismissing of theme and symbolisim getting paved over is proof enough you dont care enough about silent hill to have a valid opinion on it

Last edited:
Back