Troika's post apoc RPG

I don't want to get my hopes up, but that concept art looks damn good to me and Troika did a nice, if slightly unbalanced, job with Arcanum.

All we have is an artist working for Troika posting some concept art on his personal webpage and that's it, right? Until I actually see a confirmation from Troika that they are in fact working on such a game, I can't be bothered.

Hmm.... those concepts really steers my thoughts to Miazaki's Nausicaä: Valley of the Winds. Desert coupled with giant growth. Also looks like some kind of 'science fantasy' or such... Anyways, looks quite refreshing and original compared to all run to the mill fantasy settings and tiring SF-licenses.

I'm thinking it is post-apoc, but not to a 50's sci-fi theme. Which is perfectly fine since Fallout and Wasteland have their own styles, etc. It is a shame, because I liked a lot of the sci-fi from that period, but it would be kind of bad to have the kiddies think that all post-apoc has to have 50's influence.

Wait, what am I saying? Most stupid kids don't think the world existed before they were born or at least don't take those things into account.

but Glenn is no longer work for Troika , and this concepts may not be concepts for Troika game!!

Saying that those pictures are for Trokias next game would be......very premature. Don't bet on it.

YOu all do realise that those pictures had been found before, a couple of months ago, but in relation to Van Buren, don't you?

So, what about this game?

Now that Troika closed, what will happen to this proyect?

troika3.jpg

Briosafreak said:
I know you from PlanetVampire, welcome.

Now regarding this it`s too soon to tell, let`s wait for the TroiKies thoughts on it.
I`m sure someone will ask them about it...

Thanks, happy to be here. Never posted before, but I follow this web for a long time...

I hope that Leonard and Tim find publisher for it, may be Battlefront or something like that... they sell only online. Future for imaginative games is "pass" the commercial publishers.

Regards

You can probably list it with all the other vapourware, like TORN, VB, Jefferson, etc. All projects the we'd have atleast liked to see completed but were instead doomed. Sometimes things just suck.

I'm hoping maybe Tim and Leonard have made themselves enough money, to retire and comfortably develop games for fans, out of their own homes...

but this is probably very far-fetched.

Truth is, as sad as it is, Fez probably hit the nail on the head.

Though, only time will tell.

I think that the solution for independent (and imaginative) developers is to sell the games across Internet , this market is going to be more commercial every year and there is not place for clever games in a commercial world.

Regards

Back