Walters Missing?

pitttbulll

First time out of the vault
Hello.

Could someone please give me the procedure or command to resurrect npc's who go missing or dead?
Walters disappeared on me so I can't sell any scrap metal at Megaton.
I don't know if he fell off the side or is just stuck somewhere, but I can't find him even after I relaunch the game or reenter megaton.

Thanks.

this happened to me, too. I don't think there's a fix for it, and initially i thought it was supposed to be part of a quest or something since around the time he disappeared (later i found him dead after what looked like either a harsh bludgeoning or a steep fall) i ran into the tavern owner (not moriarty--the other guy) in the water building doing suspicious stuff but nothing appeared.

looks like just bad luck. pity too. the caps weren't that great but the xp was kinda nice.

I had that happen as well. I figured he died at some point and I just didn't notice. Also at some point I found Leo snooping around Walter's house and it gave me a new conversation of option of 'What are you doing here?' he responds something along the lines of 'Nothing' but I thought that was interesting.

[The additional Leo conversation option in the plant is related to an unmarked quest.]

As for the odd disappearing or dying NPC, you may spot them falling from the walkways, as I did with Walter. In some cases [as an example] once you visit Silver, Moriarty will disappear. During my first game Billy Creel also seemingly fell or otherwise disappeared before I ever met him, though I don't recall that being listed amongst the bugs.

Back