What I'd like to change...

Ar1z

First time out of the vault
Either make leveling system meaningful or remove it completely (like stalker).
Some revamp of the perk system.
Remove bobbleheads and just add more skill points at start
(imo it takes away from the game hunting those down).
Realistic weapons (at least the small guns).
Improve accuracy of PC and NPC...

Generally make the game feel more realistic and find plausible solutions to small annoyances.

More selfcreating weapons/gadgets. Grenades could be set as traps. Weapons can be disassembled for parts. Those parts can be used to make homemade weapons. Empty cans can be filled with gunpowder to make selfmade grenades. Imo people in post apocalyptic scenarios should use homemade weapons. ;)

Ar1z said:
Empty cans can be filled with gunpowder to make selfmade grenades.
Well, for what it's worth, the tin cans are ultimately used as components in 'nades. On an unrelated note, make sure you hold onto your Nuka-Cola Quantums.

Ar1z said:
More selfcreating weapons/gadgets. Grenades could be set as traps. Weapons can be disassembled for parts. Those parts can be used to make homemade weapons. Empty cans can be filled with gunpowder to make selfmade grenades. Imo people in post apocalyptic scenarios should use homemade weapons. ;)

Honestly a lot of the 'homecraft' guns and explosives really annoy me. I'd have made molotov cocktails the most commonly seen grenade.. with the fun fire effects in Fallout 3 you'd think a Molotov would be a no-brainer. I'd have also made a few improvised recipes for things such as that, but ultimately the engineered mil-spec explosives should be the most effective.

I'd also have liked to see an option to have & use TNT/C4/etc to either set traps or blow open doors.

Ultimately though I'd have liked to see the workbench used to modify & improve existing weapons. Adding a scope to the hunting rifle or laser rifle, larger magazines or faster VATS burst for the Assault rifle, etc.

Instead, 90% of the crap you find in the game is some unlikely component for elaborate steampunk grabassery that'd awe MacGyver.

I'd introduce the option to cure yourself and remove the option to cure addictions from most doctors.

Also, make it so that you have to have a first aid kit / doctor's bag.

I tend to agree the leveling system needs a major overhaul.
I personally would like to see leveling take 3 times as long. You would get skills every three levels. You would only be able to use the skill why ups specials every 3 levels as well so specials cant be overpowered. Generally making the game longer but not necessarily much harder. It just makes it feel like it has more to look forward to and plan for hehe.

One thing I really wish Fallout had... continuation of play after the main quest. I was looking forward to walking around in a semi-green Washington D.C. area, with clean water and all. Of course... if you sacrifice yourself in the main quest, this wouldn't matter. :)

Grim-Ascension said:
One thing I really wish Fallout had... continuation of play after the main quest. I was looking forward to walking around in a semi-green Washington D.C. area, with clean water and all. Of course... if you sacrifice yourself in the main quest, this wouldn't matter. :)

That's my biggest problem with the game. They could have something for the ending where you die (like waking up in a hospital, waking up finding out the brotherhood broke the door to the place you were in, got you outside, and used an enclave chopper to airlift you to the citadel for medical treatment). I'd love to play as an evil character, and explain what happened to lyons :).

Personally, I think the leveling is fine, but the level cap should either be increased (along with new perks) or higher requirements.

One thing I'd really like to see would be adding the freedoms taken away in the old games; recruit more NPCs, with more under your control at a time (based on charisma of course), kill any character permanently, and leaving you to handle the mess, explore the wastelands seeing a wide variety of different cities; from the pre-war like city of Vault City, to the crime run New Reno to the small town of shady sands, and finally, allying any group; regardless of how psychotic or annoying. Sure, you can work with the slavers, but you can't do things like ally the super mutants, form an alliance with Enclave that lasts beyond 10 seconds, have organizations take over more than one city (like missions where Rivet city hires you to take control of ruins held by raiders where they will build a new city, the brotherhood asking you to take over a monument held by enclave forces where they will station troops later, or Underworld paying you to attack a human city like megaton, which will face a regime change that residents may or may not take kindly to). granted, most of these things are impossible in the older games, but they should have expanded the freedom more than the old games, and worked to make something like this.

[spoiler:59ca31c945]Ugh, the ending took away my freedom. I was wearing Enclave Powered Armor with Rad-X taken. I had 26 Rad-X and like 30 RadAway. 80% Radiation Resistance. Those 'lethal' levels of radiation did nothing to me. Not to mention Fawks, the 'friendly' super mutant I sprung from Vault 87 decided not to go in there and hit the buttons, despite being completely immune to radiation.

God damn it, that was a dissapointing ending. All of that hard work for nothing.

The only thing I did like however, was the code used for the machine. Revelation 21:6, dad's favorite passage.[/spoiler:59ca31c945]

Back