What to do with Harold?

victor

Antediluvian as Feck
Orderite
So I found Harold after climbing a few mountains. Very silly situation, but still. What should I do with him? Let him grow or keep him from it? Kill him? Burn him? What's the effect on gameplay?

Very silly, as said. Just a lame excuse to push Oblivion-esque things into the game: "Oh my gawwwd! We've got all these choppy tree models and ugly grass textures from the previous game, we have to use them somehow!"

Kill him and you get a 5 DR bonus. I don't know the rewards for the other paths. Perhaps a different ending slide for each choice. Oh, wait. :)

Personally I'm just ignoring the whole thing as non-canon. I can't believe they pulled something so ridiculous as making Harold into a talking tree...

If you enhance his growth you get a magical hood of Agility+1 and Stealth+10, an Outcast PA of Big Guns+5, and a Talisman of Speech+10.

It should be noted that I'm already at level 20.

It's all in the Oasis, northwest of Old Olney. There's a way to get it marked on your map, but I can't remember. You have to crawl through rocks and stuff to find it. Get it with the explorer perk.

Yeah, it's like the ultimate insult. Very non-canon, very insulting to the character of Harold (like what the fuck is he doing in DC anyway?), and just a lame excuse to add something definitely Oblivion to the game.

Fuck Bethesda.

Elhoim said:
Kill him and you get a 5 DR bonus. I don't know the rewards for the other paths. Perhaps a different ending slide for each choice. Oh, wait. :)

Harold burning has its own special slide at the end for sure, I am not sure about the other options.

I accelerated his heart to make him spread across the countryside more rapidly. I don't know why, I'm just an environmentalist. I did get a pretty sweet hood and talisman.

Make sure that you find the little nook in the underground area where someone had been living to get some useful junk.

Yeah I put the game down for awhile after the Harold encounter. Fairly dissapointed with the whole appearence; I somewhat envisioned the growth of the tree, but the fact he wants to be done in. It doesn't sit right, so I've just ignored the whole place since I first went there.

If you burn him, you lose karma and the town becomes hostile. Definitely not fun unless you want to kill all the stupid villagers anyway.

Im very pleased with Poplar's Hood :D
Damage Resistance 2 --- 2 will do
Sneak +10
Agility +1

It's just looks stupid with a Ranger Battle Armor, well.

It doesn't. While I like the dialouge options and writing in the Oasis setting, it looked like a level designer wanted:

1) something with Harold
2) something fantasy kitschy
3) probably more than anything else - wanted something with color to show the game can show something other than gritty metal and concrete (which i prefer)

if the area was just presented a bit differently, i would have been less annoyed with this little area.

Back