Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - 0.81alpha, July 5th 2015

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 -Level 99 in Fallout Fixt-

Oct 28, 2009
    @The Lone Poopyface it seemes you've tampered wwith some wrong fallout.cfg file.. because it seemes to me you've used the default one, as Sduibek custom- made his own with art_cache_size increased to 64MB instead of default 5MB (it does huge difference in terms of game efficiency when set to higher resolitions like 1920x1080 or above) so eigther You'll find it yourself and set it accordingly or find the proper Sduibek's custom- made fallout.cfg and use this one instead

2. Phil the Nuka-Cola Dude

Phil the Nuka-Cola Dude Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jul 9, 2004
    Decided to replay Fallout yesterday, checked to see if there were any new unofficial patches, and found this. Thanks for all the hard work, glad to see my favorite series is still getting the attention it deserves.

3. gustarballs1983

Oct 28, 2009
    So the US Independance day 2016.. just a day before the FIXT 0.81a patch 1 year anniversary.
    Since I've managed to actually reach level 99 on my cheated playthrough (yes i barely made it but i still have plenty of various ammo left), i've decided to share a couple of screenshots of the carnage.

" title="" />

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  4. Ed of Vault 13

Ed of Vault 13 Lowly Old User

Sep 7, 2011
    On a dreary night, I decided to give another run at the original Fallout and looked for what updates occurred while I was away from my beloved title... pleasantly delighted by the work of this mod. Kudos.

5. Ceratisa

Ceratisa Sarcastic SOB

Nov 4, 2013
    Fallout 2's engine is going to be great soo excited!

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. ravenbober

ravenbober First time out of the vault

Jun 26, 2014
    Sduibek was last seen: Jun 12, 2016

Did he ditch us?

7. gustarballs1983

Oct 28, 2009
    Definetly NOT!
    As alwways He's probably busy with His real-life stuff.
    I know He did promise to work on fixt in June but it isn't the first time he was unable to fulfill his oaths/vows. anyways I just really hope it's a work related thing and not some bad thing. Although I agree that He could visit the forum more often.. as people tend to get worried quickly without any fresh news.

8. Ceratisa

Ceratisa Sarcastic SOB

Nov 4, 2013
    Fallout modding is VERY time consuming, and life happens. If you aren't part of the process patience is necessary. Look at those Fallout 2 conversions, like a decade worth of work.

9. Worxolas

Worxolas First time out of the vault

Jul 7, 2016
    I wish someone would restore the Burrows but it'd take forever knowing it'd require a new creature, dialouge, and items.

10. danielje

danielje First time out of the vault

Mar 24, 2006
    an Epic thanks for all the work you've done on this. I have some questions if anyone here can answer them for me.

1. Someone mentioned they got to level 99, I remember Fallout 1 having a hardcap, does Fixt remove this cap or is there a file I need to edit to remove it?

2. Is there is a perk limit? I noticed that if I edit myself a mountain of perks using the f1/2se(vlad) only a handful of them show up and then it shows the traits section.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows.

11. gustarballs1983

Oct 28, 2009
    Ad.1 it's because of new version of sfall for fallout 1 made by "Crafty" a person here from NMA Crafty's sfall have the option to set level cap up to lvl 99

(don't get your hopes up... if you plan to play with invasions most of the towns will be invaded when you reach lvl 99 it took me around 120 ingame days to power level on deathclaws spawning every hour at a certain place in the game in quantities 2 or 3 every 1/hr

Ad.2 original game had a limit of 7 perk slots. however with the addition of Crafty's Sfall it is possible to punch in all the perks via vad's editor. Just use "pick a perk" tick option save with vad's and loading the game choosing perk then save game, reload saves in vad's and rinse & repeat untill all perks are chosen.

as to wether Crafty's Sfall is implemented in FIXT already or is it downloaded and installed separately is a knowledge beyond me, as I've done the installation (when 0.81a came out) over a year ago so i don't remember. All i know previous versions of fixt utilized sfall for fallout 2 made by timeslip in last version with fallout 1 support v1.18.
    sfall for fo1 was very basic so Crafty's sfall brought a major step forward to Fallout 1 and lot's of improovments known from more recent basic sfalls from Fallout 2.

as for the perks showing up as triats it's an engine issue crafty's sfall allows for more perk slots however sfall is sort of a hack so that it does not perfectly tell the game how the interface should handle all those perks hence all those cooky errors.

as for how to unlock levels beyond lvl 21 if You have Crafty's sfall then in the .ini file you should have apropriate option to set maximum level. as default it's set to 21 though so in order to hit 99 you'd have to change that 21 to 99.
    Regards
    Gus T.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  12. danielje

danielje First time out of the vault

Mar 24, 2006
    Thanks for the info, the perks didnt show up in the traits, i just meant, it only showed those 7 perks, before it became the Traits section. Thank you for the info on the workaround for getting more than those 7 slots to show up. I'm not entirely sure if the perks that I tagged with the editor worked, because I didnt really try it out at all, but I know that trying to set your base carry weight with the editor always has it defaulting back to the legit SPECIAL calculations. Anyways, good info none the less, cheers.

13. Katamariguy

Katamariguy First time out of the vault

Jul 28, 2016
    In Junktown, I found that the Skum Pitt bar only had two NPCs, Shark and a "bartender," who couldn't be interacted with. How might I fix this?

14. Worxolas

Jul 7, 2016
    Skum pitt only opens in the evening.

15. Adolf

Adolf First time out of the vault

Nov 6, 2015
    Sduibek
    You are planning to make the restoration of the quest to find a spy in the Boneyard?

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  16. Worxolas

Jul 7, 2016
    He said in 9.0 he plans to add the quest I believe look in earlier comments.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  17. Baraz

Baraz First time out of the vault

Jul 27, 2016
    Hail survivors,

In the warehouse (LA, beside the gun runners), there is a missing deathclaw, so the mission cannot continue with the Gun Runners. I killed two and the mother (and all eggs), but the third does not exist and will not respawn after weeks. I used the "life scanner" in-game and nothing ... (in case it was glitched off the map, but no). So Gabriel keeps having a permanent hunch that a deathclaw remains...

Anyway I can unbug this ?

I know I can by-pass the Gun Runners help and just intervene with my party against the Regulators, just seems cooler to succeed that bit.

ps: posting here as it is not a vanilla bug :P
    EDIT : nvm, I now think it is a vanilla quest sequence bug, where I took the Gun Runner weapons for myself instead of for the Blades. Though it is a fact there were only two Deathclaws in the warehouse instead of the normal three.
    TY

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  18. Adolf

Adolf First time out of the vault

Nov 6, 2015
    Tim Cain said that this location does not fit into the game. And I agree with him.

19. Proletären

Proletären It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 15, 2012
    Could be added as a extremly hard to find optional easter egg.

20. Worxolas

Jul 7, 2016
    I think it could fit if someone really tried