Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - 0.81alpha, July 5th 2015

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. RyanFialcowitz

RyanFialcowitz First time out of the vault

Jul 30, 2005
    Good to know you're okay. I had almost given up hope! You're keeping one of the best games ever made alive & your work is heartily appreciated.

I've noticed a few issues. If they've already been pointed out to you I apologize.

1.) Opting to restore Agatha to Shady Sands in the setup program does not work. Using F12Se to change the variable does work.

2.) Killian's tables being consolidated when you bartered with him is also not working, but does work if you manually change the variable.

Suggestions/Questions
    1.) An option in the setup program to allow for exploits such as breaking into The Brotherhood Of Steel with the electronic lockpicks or getting two Luck bonus' from Chuck in Adytum.

2.) I noticed a Wild Wasteland variable which I'm assuming is not implemented. What are you planning to do with this?

3.) There's also a bunch of variables regarding The Mysterious Stranger, do these work?

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. Schezza

Schezza First time out of the vault

Sep 7, 2013
    Sduibek... what are the odds??

You post yesterday and I see this today:

Well, believe it or not, that's actually 3.5 years old. And my first thought was, did he actually do it? :D
    *gotta download fixt need to check credits*
    :hatersgonnahate:

No, seriously. As I said 3.5 years ago, I'm watching you. Not personally but the coincidence of the universe has its ways :wiggle:

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. Oracle

Oracle Water Chip? Been There, Done That

May 19, 2003
    Thanks the up, wb!
    Glad the jobs worked out for you well.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. Proletären

Proletären Still Mildly Glowing

Mar 15, 2012
    Good to have you back!

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. cdoublejj

cdoublejj It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 30, 2007
    What about the lost hills, the wiki seems to have a lot of info on it but, no developer commentary. assuming they didn't cut it for not matching up with the style of the game does any one have plans to restore it?

6. Lexx

Lexx Lived Through the Heat Death

Apr 24, 2005
    What exactly do you mean? The Lost Hills bunker is the BoS location.

7. Hiroshi Mishima

Hiroshi Mishima Curmudgeonly Old Dragon

Nov 13, 2015
    I don't think it's explicitly stated in the game that it's the Lost Hills is it? I know I've certainly seen references to the Lost Hills but I can't remember if they it's where the Brotherhood is in game.

Anywho, I came by cause I ran into an odd crash involving Smitty. I tried talking to him so I could get my Turbo Plasma Rifle and right after I give it to him the game crashes. Looked around but hadn't found anyone else reporting this. I'll upload the save file, but here's the crash message:

"The instruction at 00490987 references memory at 00000056. The memory could not be read from."

I'm using Full Custom, as well, but insofar as I know not options that are said to be unstable. Also using the most recent Fixt on the GOG version. Windows 7, as well. (trying to be as informative as I can, in case any of this helps) If I've forgotten something, please let me know.

I can continue the without getting the weapon, I already have the Alien Blaster after all. I just wanted to bring this Sduibek's attention in case it's happened before or is simply something that could be easily fixed or explained.

Gotta say though, FIXT has really enhanced the overall feel of the game. I like a lot of the little additions and changes he's made; don't think I could ever go back to vanilla Fallout 1 after these.

Attached Files:

8. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 -Level 99 in Fallout Fixt-

Oct 28, 2009
    I'm not sure what's causing this issue i had similar problem as well. All i needed to do is take off the armor You are wearing , also make sure that plasma rifle is loaded with micro fusion cell. Save after that and try aproching Smitty agin

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  9. Hiroshi Mishima

Hiroshi Mishima Curmudgeonly Old Dragon

Nov 13, 2015
    That's quite bizarre, but it did the trick! I'm not entirely sure this is an issue with Fixt, it could very well just be a lesser known bug in the main game. But at least now I have a reasonably powerful weapon with better range than the Alien Blaster, which will be useful for the Military Base. Thanks again.

10. azat11

azat11 First time out of the vault

Jun 16, 2017
    I'm sorry to ask this if it's in a faq somewhere, but I don't seem to find any concrete info on this.
    Is it possible to play Fallout Fixt after completing the main quest?
    The answer would be really appreciated, thanks.

11. Erer08

Erer08 First time out of the vault

May 26, 2014
  12. FreedomStalker

FreedomStalker It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 22, 2016
    Is this compatible with the Steam version of Fallout?

13. RIGHTLY

RIGHTLY First time out of the vault

Jun 17, 2017
    Where can I find version 6.7.3? The full custom package here only installs 6.7.2 (I'm going with the purist option, if that matters).

14. gustarballs1983

Oct 28, 2009
    on the first page in first post of this thread there is a link to alpha 0.81 as this is the newest version of FIXT. 6.7.2/6.7.3 are way outdated. At some point Sduibek ( creator of the mod) decided to switch naming from X.Y.Z to 0.XY to indicate people it's still work in progress however there was no new release in almost 2 years (last one is from 2015) as for now he seemes to be too busy with his real life problems to make a new release.

Here you can find the latest version: http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-fixt-0-81alpha-july-5th-2015.194562/

EDIT:
    Just on a side note I've been tweaking with f2wedit on Fallout Fixt decided to add in shotgun duplet mode (simultaneus 2 barrel shot) same as in EcCo for Fo2. also switched 14mm pistol weapon perk from accurate to penetrate (wich seemes more natural) so theese two weapons are more usefull early on.

Also @Sduibek can you post a full list of items You've added via scripts to appear in Vault 15?

I've found the 9mm uzi, 9mm ammo, granade and a statuette on level 2 in addition to a hunting rifle and two 15x .223FMJ. on lvl 3 You've added tons of 9mm ammo ( i think You added this via some script one has to wander all over for it to actually appear on the flor).
    most of this stuff isn't listed even in Per's guide.

Actually it would be a good thing to have a Sduibek's Fallout FIXT let's play/ walkthrough of that area. I've read somwhere that there was sepose to be a key hidden after examining one of the chairs. I'll look it up on my next playthrough. Seriously though I'm counting on You.. seriously.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  15. Sduibek

Sduibek My dream job: modding Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    @RyanFialcowitz Thanks man! :grin:
    I'll take a look!
    Love it! I think the Purist Only folks (especially at RPGCodex) will certainly appreciate this.
    Secret things.
    They do not work. Thanks for the reminder, I gotta make sure this is implemented in next release. lol
    @Schezza You will be disappointed LOL. Sorry about that. But I just added you today so you'll be in the next release's credits. :monocle: I appreciate your RNG-based mysterious stalking!
    I believe it is stated as such. Perhaps only in dialog and/or holodisks, I do not recall for sure. If that ends up being some kind of spoiler or something in Fixt though, just let me know. And thanks for your kind words about Fixt in general! :salute:

@Hiroshi Mishima @gustarballs1983 Thanks for the bug report and fix for it! Not sure what's happening there but I'll check it out.
    @azat11 Yes. I'll double-check that it's in the changelog / mod info / readme. Also, the next version will have an expanded version of this feature :cool:
    @FreedomStalker Short answer: Yes.
    Long answer: I changed Fixt to install in a subfolder of your Fallout folder to make it easy to uninstall, without touching your original Fallout installation. Unfortunately this of course means if/when you play through Steam, it'll use the Fallout.exe from the Fallout folder rather than the one for Fixt. But you can change that in the Fallout folder's fallout.cfg settings if you want, and/or add Fallout Fixt as its own entry in Steam. If you want Steam to log your Fixt hours as Fallout hours, you'll need to run it through Steam rather than through the Fixt subfolder.

^ For now, you can either change the fallout.cfg to point to the Fallout Fixt exe and run Fallout through Steam normally, or, you can add Fallout Fixt as its own "non-Steam game" entry in Steam. Next release will have implementations to avoid these annoyances.
    Yes. I think you found them all already though, nice job. The hunting rifle & some of that ammo is from vanilla. I don't remember adding a grenade lol but I'll check. They don't all spawn in every game, that's part of the fun. :wiggle:
    Already planning it once the next release comes out.
    :ok:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  16. gustarballs1983

Oct 28, 2009
    Hello @Sduibek..

Will You update Crafty's sfall for Fo1 in FIXT as well? I realise the naming is kind of mind boggling because sfall curently used inFIXT is 1.19 however based on crafty's changelog and 1.19 release date, Crafty did make some releases after FIXT 0.81a release. (to over a year later).

You can view changes in changelog by Dobrovik mostly (as not all is translated to english)
    the main reason i switched to 1.7.6 is that there are savegame pages now (per each 10 saves) and you can sell used geiger counter and stealthboys. other stuff came in as well. however it's not FIXT redy/friendly, requires some heavy configuring for it to even run Fo1. Also the bug with idle party npc's (with ControlCombat=2) is gone mostly during Boneyard deathclaw xp runs.

EDIT: my mistake played last night frag granade was from raider base behind the toilet along with guns and bullets and a fruit next to the main building wall. but i'm pretty sure these are vanilla.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  17. Pagan

Pagan First time out of the vault

Jun 21, 2017
    Hi, Sduibek nice to see you back in action!

I just want to remind you of a bug with in game Delta experiment logs, that don't display properly (15 pages of error). The issue was described by Practicat on forum page 171, he even provided the correct text.

Kind regards

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  18. Sduibek

Sduibek My dream job: modding Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    @naossano If you haven't already please add these to http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Fixt_bug_reports :notworthy: Great stuff, I appreciate all these reports.

@gustarballs1983 Part of my checklist for each release is making sure it has the newest f1_res and ddraw. So yes, assuming the most recent version of Crafty's ddraw/Sfall doesn't break anything, it'll be included. Based on your message, are you saying you have a modified version of it that works well/better with Fixt? If so please provide it to me. :clap:

@Practicat @Pagan Delta disk errors in PIP-Boy is fixed in next release :) Thanks for reporting!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  19. gustarballs1983

Oct 28, 2009
    @Sduibek

I downloaded it from Dobrovik's archive under sfall for Fo1 ( the one with most recent upload date) 1.7.6 if i remember correctly. Besides there is a changelog separately for download so You may check there.

As for bugs i encountered with previous sfall, it's kind of wierd as i always play with CombatControl=2 setting and in two cases companions refused to fight (during fight with decker and deathclaws in boneyard) simply their turn was ommited. It happend only on my main rig. On my x86 tablet with win 8.1 it works fine with the old sfall.
    however ability to sell used geigers and stealthboys is neat (as vanilla code prevented this).

Just be advised that in order to make it work You'd need to tweak some checksum and crc check settings to bypas those. It checks for different versions as default, oh yeah semicollons by those settings must be removed as well:p ( i kind of fell for that one)

20. azat11

azat11 First time out of the vault

Jun 16, 2017
    Hi again. I have a new question.
    I chose in custom installation so that companions would be able to use any weapons. I equipped them with plasma rifles, and it seems they can't use those, because that's the only weapon in their inventory, and I instruct them to use their best weapon, but instead they just pick up shotguns and sledgehammers off slain enemies. This all is happening while killing the regulators.
    Does this mean companions CAN NOT use energy weapons at all ???

Maybe someone can clarify this for me. Thanks.