Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - 0.81alpha, July 5th 2015

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. burn

burn Look, Ma! Two Heads!
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    @Sduibek I think github is much more suitable for issue tracking than a wiki, did you consider that?

2. QweSteR

QweSteR First time out of the vault

Jan 5, 2008
    Sduibek, mod will be updated?

3. ZebraMan

ZebraMan First time out of the vault

Sep 12, 2017
    Anyone else can't find Agatha in Shady Sands? I'm definitely sure I selected the option to add her in and I don't feel like starting all over again just to check.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  4. RyanFialcowitz

RyanFialcowitz First time out of the vault

Jul 30, 2005
    I found that some of the options in the installer, despite being checked, did not activate the content in game. You can, however, change the variables in an editor which would activate the selected content. One that can do this is included with Fallout Fixt.

5. cramson1245

cramson1245 First time out of the vault

Sep 30, 2017
    Hey, I'm relatively new to all of this, but I wanted to ask for some help. My anti-virus detected the file "is-mchm7.tmp" as "Backdoor.Graybird" and completely stopped my download. I'm usually rather paranoid about getting viruses and what-not, so I wanna know if anyone else has gotten this problem and can say for sure it's safe.

6. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 -Level 99 in Fallout Fixt-

Oct 28, 2009
    try a different download then there's a couple of mirrors in the first post for full custom.
    There's also a chance Your computer became infected with something that attaches itself to anything you download. You might want to try to download "malwarebytes" or "emsisoft emergency kit" on a different computer and *use* them on your machine,through a thumbdrive or etc. to scan for badies. (don't forget to update the malware database of malwarebytes or emsisift emergency kit before you do).

7. Kaczmorek

Kaczmorek First time out of the vault

Oct 1, 2017
    Hello, I just got Fallout for free on Steam, and I want to install Fallout Fixt, but I have two questions about it
    1: Wich one should I download? I want Bug fixes and censorship remove
    2: Where should I put it? I was in half of installing "Fixes only" version, but got distracted by instructions where to put it, it says ".../steamapps/common", but somewhere else I saw something about putting it into game folder
    Could you help me?

8. gustarballs1983

Oct 28, 2009
    @Kaczmorek
    1. there are 3 separate downloads:
    -Fixes Only- as name suggests no additional content only bugfixes
    -Full Custom- it has everything or nothing depending on what you set in the installer (incudes children)
    -German uncut- similar to full custom with additional content wich was cut out of german versions of Fallout 1.

2.the FIXT installer asks for Fallout 1 root folder, so:
    ..\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout
    it will create a separate folder in Fallout root folder called "Fallout Fixt"
    The original game files don't get overwrited. and You probably will not be able to track your time played via steam interface if you don't proceed with additional steps. Although I can't help you with those i have my Fallouts from gog and I'm not familiar with tweaking steam's interface.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  9. Kaczmorek

Kaczmorek First time out of the vault

Oct 1, 2017
    Ok thank you very much

10. gustarballs1983

Oct 28, 2009
    @Kaczmorek
    If You want to further tweak Your Fallout 1 gameplay I advise You to also update Crafty's Sfall to 1.8 (wich is the latest one as of present). Sfall stands for "ddraw.dll" and "ddraw.ini" file. Those files enhance gameplay and fix a lot of bugs. Some things are also configurable within ddraw.ini file such as selectable ammo formula + JHP/AP ammo fix. ability to sell used geiger counter, control party members, or get awareness description with target cursor (Fo2 style).

11. Mr. Deathclaw

Mr. Deathclaw Target shots on the eyes

Aug 19, 2017
    Hey, back with a very MINOR problem, but it still kind of bugs me nonetheless. I know it says in the changelog that the "Master/Cathedral destruction" endings are fixed so the endgame slideshow plays them in the correct order, but I destroyed the Master BEFORE the Cathedral and the endgame slideshow still plays the slide saying that I blew up the Vats before the Master. This is the most unimportant of problems as the slideshow doesn't really have a big effect on the game, but I like to play the games canonically, and the slideshow helps me end the game with some sort of closure.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I still reported it on the Fallout Fixt bug report page, and I just reported it here too just for the fact the there's a higher chance of someone seeing this, lol. I don't know if there's anyway to actually edit the slideshow to play the desired ending, but that would be helpful if there was. Thanks guys!

P.S. If there is a way to just edit the slideshow only or force it to play the slide I want it to, I will gladly do it myself if someone has a way and is willing to teach me. Of course, I'm probably wrong as ANYONE else has more experience with Fixt than me, being a mere user and player. Anyway, if there is a way to edit the slideshow and narration, I'm willing to do it, just so that it eases my conscience.

12. Talien

Talien First time out of the vault

Oct 17, 2017
    I'm playing the steam version using the latest download of fallout fixt and can't find the savegame folder. I know where the folder is for steam and if I run the game from the steam client my saves are all there, but if I run the fixt shortcut there are no saves. If I start a new game with fixt I can't find that save anywhere either, I can load it but can't find the folder it's in it to edit it.

13. Matt Drax

Matt Drax Smart Ass

Sep 4, 2010
    Fixt installs in a seperate subfolder in your standard Fallout directory.
    The basic filestructure is the same from there

14. candidosobrinho.sa

candidosobrinho.sa First time out of the vault

Tuesday
    Hey, I'm having some issues running the MS-DOS version.

First, I've tested the retail MS-DOS version, which ran good.
    Later on, updated to official patch and tested it, and again, it does run properly.

In this case, BOTH tests were performed under DOSBox (0.74) environment.

Then I've undone the official patch and installed Fallout Fixit and tested on Windows. Works fine, but when testing MS-DOS version (also in DOSBox 0.74), here's what happens:

1. The main screen image shows stretched with no apparent reason.
    2. When I start a New Game, I appear at the V13 Exit Door and the screen goes white, and something triggers the V13 Mutant Invasion event, which brings the cinematic, screen goes white and shows up the Main Menu (Intro/New Game etc.)

I've tried to CUSTOM the super-mutants possibilities, but... no luck.

Anyone could help me out with this? Thanks.

Edit: tried the fixes only. No luck

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017 at 11:34 PM
  15. Felipefpl

Felipefpl Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 17, 2010
    I doubt some if any of the mods here were tested on DOS, my advice is: stay on windows only. ;)

16. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Hm, since the mods often involve engine fixes and modifications, I think they won't work well on DOS. Which is sad, because the DOS versions would be an easy way to get Fallout to run on Linux, even though it's probably not very economical.