xkcon's ultimate rip off Mod (Unofficial expansion for FOT)

Discussion in 'Fallout Tactics Modding' started by xkcon, Nov 10, 2016.

1. xkcon

xkcon Transcending the Multiverse

Apr 2, 2003
    Salvadorc17, yes download the full Version for sprites and tiles, the [files v0.892] button is just the quick update (without sprites & tiles).

oldguy, ok I checked the first steal door and it does crash so it must be a corrupt entity, however when I blasted the door open with an explosive it worked fine. Try using some dynamite on it and see if it works for for you. I will fix the entity for a new version release coming in march.

-fixed the shelf blocking the door, don't worry, there was nothing in the room or shelf that you missed out.

-if you kill the guard you aren't mean't to get his gun. It's a guass rifle and I don't wan't the player to get such a powerful weapon to early in the game, It's kinda ruins the balance.

-Green dot on mini map, but no person there? that is just on of my invisible voice entites, that I use for various text/speech on the storylines, forget about it, it is a non issue.

-Niel's safehouse door, I'm still looking into this one. not quite sure exactly what it is.

-Red Door is part of a bigger storyline, that can be played the 'good' or 'bad' way(s). It is part of the '8mm' plotline, that I ripped off from the nicholas cage movie '8mm'. you'll have to find your own way in. (good or bad)

-a lot of the guns were rebalanced, you will find many of the guns much more useful.

-Yes the Brotherhood establishes a outpost in Fortress City(FC) after you deliver the 'Treaty Document'. The troops and recruit master arrive on your next visit to FC. So if you want them quickly then just deliver the treaty doc to the register and then exit the town and re-enter and the Brother hood will be there.

-Glad you are having fun. :dance:Thanks for playing and for feed back ,please report anymore things you think may be a bug or whatever.

I am already working on a newer Version to be released in early march, so any bugs you can find and report will be fixed for the new version. I am also working on a new map to go into the campaign, but I don't think it will make it into the march release, maybe soon after though...

:salute:

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. xkcon

Apr 2, 2003
    Ok guys, don't know if you seen it over at DAC, but if you missed it. Here are
    some tips for gameplay and the secret to the Random encounter cheat and the 'Doom switch'

Check these screenshots at my website:
    http://www.xkcon.net/screenshots10.html

In the first photo (in the squad choice/pre-mission), you'll see a switch behind this door. Unlock the door and pull the switch. Then go to Ridgeway and you will be able to buy/steal a magic backpack that will give you unlimited carry weight.

In the pre-mission target practice, if you can hit all three targets fast enough, you will be awarded a Humvee, a huge blessing for a startgame.

For those that want to turn off Random Encounters , or to experience a different game altogether. here is the answer.

The next screenshot , shows a door in Brahmin wood. If you explore beyond this door you will find an object (you'll know when you find it!).

In the next image we see the squad take the object to the Alpha bunker and find the hidden ladder in this small chamber.
    Climb down and give the Elder the object and he will open the way for you. Your Destiny awaits.

Make sure to make a save before experimenting with Fate

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. IAR80

IAR80 First time out of the vault

Oct 1, 2006
    He he he :)

capture_001_26022017_140025.png

Edit: There is a item "Idol" which don't have image when you pick it up in your inventory

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. xkcon

Apr 2, 2003
    Well, well... nice job. I see that you violated my mummified corpse too, you bastard! ha ha.

However, I can see that there was some amount of cheating/hacking involved.

But I will still award you the prize, if you can prove that you entered without hacking.

Make sure to find the Sacrifical chamber and unlock it's secrets. You will need the three Occult objects to perform the ritual.

5. IAR80

Oct 1, 2006
    I didn't cheat.
    The only thing I always do with the maps is to let me enter with cars. Other than this will ruin the game-play.
    Of course , I put also in game a sniper rifle which use .50 cal DLU ammo, but is useless against your mummy :)
    I unlocked all the tombs in that map, plus Sacrificial chamber. I didn't find yet how to use the "Orb.." though. But I still search for clues.
    I also know were to use that item, I need only to find somehow the "sequences..".
    Anyway the tomb map is amazing. I think is the more complex map I ever, ever find in a mod. You put a tremendous work on this. Good work !!!
    I know what you say, about the first person which find "your tomb", but I don't need anything. There are nice recruits in this mod anyway, so no thank you.:)

All together the mod is amazing, the fact you succeed to implemented your game story alongside whit the original campaign is a very, very nice job. Recommended A++++

Regards.

PS: Of course you can put this as starting characters :)
    Lucy.png CORE_prefab5.png
    CORE_prefab5small.png

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. xkcon

Apr 2, 2003
    Alright, I will add your prefab 'Lucy' to a future release. I am going to release a new version within the next week with a few more bug fixes. Lucy won't make it into Version 0.893 but I will make sure she goes into the mod after that.

I am happy that you really played the map 'Temple of Agarapichu' -- It means a lot to me to have someone really play the map. I hoped you liked the musics too...

If you can't figure the secret of the sacrificial chamber, you can always give Boris (in Jackson city) the three occult objects he seeks, He has much knowledge of the Arcane arts and will surely know what to do...

Also, I hope you can figure out how to 'resurrect' my concubines ...

Thanks for comments and feedback . Report any other bugs or whatever. Thanks for playing!

7. IAR80

Oct 1, 2006
    "Also, I hope you can figure out how to 'resurrect' my concubines ..."
    Did that too :)
    Yes music is amazing too. Like I said Tomb Map is fantastic, in all aspects !!! I don't think another map or even game put me on such much "stress" like this map. I don't have any idea how the H**l you succeed to make it !
    Thanx for the clues with "Boris" :)
    Respect !

capture_001_05032017_113457.png

Later Edit: I returned in Quartz to do the quests over there and I encounter again some strange things.
    First the explosive charge will detonate 3 or 4 seconds after dialog with Ugly :(( Try multiple times, in no vain... I also try another approach, very hard to do. I trow some grenades around Patricia until I succeed making her to run away from that explosive charge and after that I entered in the room were Ugly is. Right after dialog with Ugly finish, the charge detonate but didn't killed Patricia because was away from blast zone. I killed Ugly and his companions, but... Patricia don't recognize is free. Keep saying "Help, they will blow me up... " So I can't finish the quest :((

Also one raider from the BR-Ocupation force is blocked outside map,in the back of the Bar were Ellen is.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  8. xkcon

Apr 2, 2003
    I just did a couple of tests in Quartz, and it all seemed to work fine. What Version are you playing ?

In the first test, Ugly's team killed me after 90sec on the timer, Felicia survived and bomb didn't detonate.

Second test Geoffrey accidentally hit the remote trap and blast kills felicia.

Third test My team kills ugly and successfully rescues Felicia

Consider what weapons your team is using, If you fire a burst weapon, you will almost certainly hit the bomb and accidentally detonate it.

Regarding the BR-Ocupation, does it happen repeatedly ? or is it a onetime thing? Not sure why it is happening, sometimes the FOT engine behaves strangely.

9. IAR80

Oct 1, 2006
    I use the last version of the mod.
    The charge will detonate right after I finish talking with Ugly regardless if I shoot or not. I don't have enough time to run from the door to the charge to be disarmed. I don't see the timer. Sometime the timer did appear but only if the Patricia live. And only for few seconds, then disappear But is useless because there is no charge to be disarmed....
    Maybe this is happening because I kill everyone in the back room with grenades, and after that I unlock the door and enter in the room where Ugly is...
    The raider from BR-Ocupation, appear after the battle in the office building is over and stays there. I stumble upon him by mistake. I saw those 2 guys Roberto or whatever which is helping me run in that direction and I follow them and saw the raider. I tryed at least 3 times and the same happens always
    Of course, it is possible to be a problem with my game. I know you did repair Quartz in this version of the Mod which I use.
    When you'll finish the next version I will reinstall the game and try again. .) Or maybe sooner if I find a save game before I enter Quartz.
    Regards.

10. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Misanthropic God of Fuck Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    How stable and bug free is the latest build?

11. IAR80

Oct 1, 2006
    Oki I reloaded a save and tried again Quartz quest. No dice, the charge will detonate few sec after the dialog with Ugly.
    This time I let everyone live in those 2 rooms were Patricia is.
    In my opinion this Quest is to complicated and the game sometimes behave strange. Maybe for you or other player will work, but not for everyone. I tried a multitude of approach with the same results for me. No matter I do, the charge will detonate, sometime even with the timer active, which is not normal. It's confusing...

@TorontRayne. The Mod is amazing and apart for some glitches, which are not so important deserve playing. Which game or MOD is BUG free :)

Regards.

12. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Misanthropic God of Fuck Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    Well depends. Some are worse than others. Just asking because I want to play a lot of these mods and do reviews on them some day soon. This one is on my list for sure. Thanks. Sounds good.

13. IAR80

Oct 1, 2006
    Well from me this mod have A+++++.
    I made some screen shots. I put some notes in the picture.

Screen one.png

Screen two.png

14. xkcon

Apr 2, 2003
    One thing to suggest, Have the text display on instead of minimap, then you can read when the charge detonates and see if it is from friendly fire or otherwise.

Not sure why the charge is always blasting in your game... In my recent tests I just didn't have this problem. I will keep looking. (I tested in CTB).

Question: Are you playing in turnbased mode when you try to rescue Felicia?

You were right about when the bomb blast and when felicia is far away from the blast area and then she survives. The triggers didn't recognize her as being saved and it breaks the story, just like you said. So I added a few triggers to fix that.

I will release a new version probably this weekend, with this recent fix to quartz.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  15. xkcon

Apr 2, 2003
    Is it possible to post a screenshot of where the Problem BR-Occupation is. It helps me to understand exactly where the problem is.

I did more testing today and again it seems fine. I rescued her again. I don't seem to have any problems.

Maybe sometimes it is just fate that you can't save Felicia. Did you try to finish out the story if she dies? It's a blemish on your reputation but the story goes on.

16. xkcon

Apr 2, 2003
    The Mod is very Stable and is very playable. Most content is bugfree.

Right now it is meant for CTB. However after Endocore suggested a fix for the 'invisible undead' bug in Turnbased mode, I will implement a fix to as many maps as I can in each successive version, to make the TB experience better for you oldschool TB guys. until then Try out the random crazyness of CTB combat, (you're bound to lose your favorite characters hehe)

17. xkcon

Apr 2, 2003
    Here's some screens from recent testing

fbos0253.jpg

18. xkcon

Apr 2, 2003
  19. IAR80

Oct 1, 2006
    No I don't play in TB mod.
    I don't know what triggers the remote charge, but surely is not from some "friendly fire"

Screen four.jpg

This is the raider which sometimes remains blocked. But I find how to avoid this. I let Diego and Ricardo battle with him, I don't interfere.

Screen five.jpg
    Regards.

20. xkcon

Apr 2, 2003
    Hey guys, got some bad news... Last Tuesday night when I was working my job (Nightshift) there was a fire at my apartment building and as a result, my apartment suite was trashed, and I was forced to evacuate the building and now I have no home. Needless to say, I am devastated.

I am staying with some family until I can find a new place. Luckily my computer (and the newest version of the mod (v0.893)) are safe.:D Unfortunately I can't upload the new patch this weekend, like I promised I would. I am very sorry, but something's are just out of my control. It's too bad too, because I fixed a number of bugs (mostly in Quartz)

However, as soon as I can find a way to upload it I will. It will just take a while until I can find a new place and then work will resume as normal. So until then you are stuck with version 0.892.

Sorry guys.:cry: