☢ The NMA Atomik Movie Gang

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Risewild, Oct 24, 2022.

Would you be interested in a NMA movie club?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Maybe

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Yes, but I have a better idea on how it should work

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. TorontoReign

TorontoReign ⛧卐⛧ Staff Member Moderator [REDACTED]

Apr 1, 2005
    Damnation Alley is a fun watch. It will be on the list for sure.

2. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite Board Cop oTO

Aug 16, 2010
    There are some fantastically trashy PA movies out there. If anyone wants to see Fallout 3 but in movie form: Radioactive Dreams has you covered.
    The live action version of Fist of the North Star is also hilarious.
    The Noah's Ark Principle might be an interesting one, it was Roland Emmerich's film studies thesis.
    While we're at old german SciFi movies, World on a Wire is a classic, Die Arche is a 1919 silent movie that also seems interesting. Hell had an interesting promise, too. And Operation Ganymed.
    With half of these I don't even know if there are English translations available, though...

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    All we need are subs. GET TO WORK!!! ;)

4. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Oct 28, 2009
    How about Steel Frontier with Joe Lara? or is it abandonware? It's quite low res but it still hangs on yt. there were two versions one was VHS ant the other was a DVD release.. the dvd release had a suitable enaugh res to watch in a window, although VHS was like 240p so it kind of sucks.. I can't share mine caus it's got PL lector, so You'd probably would understant shit..

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  5. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Some movies I will be able to stream through Prime to those that are not able to find them assuming they are on Prime of course. Tubi and Pluto have lots for free. Abandonware stuff like The Black Hole was easy to find on archive.

6. gustarballs1983

Modder

Oct 28, 2009
    I'd be happy if i could introduce You to Sexmission ( polsh sci fi movie ) if I ever get the english subs for it.. It's a underground society where men extincted, and is ruled by women sort of a grotesque on communistic system. it's not exactly post apo ( underground complex ) and the year is 2044 two men ( protagonists) are dug from underground in a hibernation chamber :D

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  7. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    That sounds like a date at the very least. I will bring the popcorn.

8. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Carbon Dated and Proud

Nov 26, 2007
    Hell Comes To Frogtown.

*They made a sequel to this; casting Robert Z'Dar in the lead role of Sam Hell.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  9. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    I bought that for my first NMA movie review actually.

10. gustarballs1983

Modder

Oct 28, 2009
    not really the women who survived the war, have all came from "women's league" sort of a delusional feminist organization that actually exists in Poland since like '50 up to present day. although their agenda is a bit overexaggerated in the movie to say the least. So it's actually the other way around, not a date..
    Since they rely on partenogenesis for reproduction, they instead decided to turn theese men into women by surgery, ( ofcourse both guys disagree), but it turns out some of the women still fall for men's charm, if laydies decide to lay off the pills which they've been fed by the order of their ruler.
    It's not as colorfull as you think, but natural instincts win in the end ;p

/spoilers

11. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    If we do this now we need to shoot for some time in November I think.

@Risewild if ya like edit that poll with some PA movies. Add Threads I think it might be public domain. If too busy I will do it later.

12. william dempsey

william dempsey Veteran of the psychic wars. [REDACTED]

Jan 23, 2022
    No more Arizona now Phoenix is fried up
    Oklahoma City what a pity it's gone
    Louisiana Delta where the Mississippi's dried up
    No more Chattanooga, Cherokee, Lexington

Hawkwind's Damnation Alley, from ' Quark, strangeness and charm '