3d Fallout 1 & 2?

Kyoto

First time out of the vault
If modders or a dev created such versions, would you support such a project?

I'm assuming 3D FPS like Bethesda is what he means
I've been playing Fallout 2, and I honestly like the environment so much more than any of the 3d games, even just at the begining, the vegegation is refreshing and feels like an overgrown wilderness. But the lack of physical control is disappointing.

So 3d in the "Bethesda" sense. But hypothetically if it was done right, and authentically.

I've been playing Fallout 2, and I honestly like the environment so much more than any of the 3d games, even just at the begining, the vegegation is refreshing and feels like an overgrown wilderness. But the lack of physical control is disappointing.

So 3d in the "Bethesda" sense. But hypothetically if it was done right, and authentically.
I don’t really have a problem with 3-D or first-person perspective for Fallout. In some ways I might even prefer it. If the original games were to be remade in this way, I’d be skeptical of how well the art style would carry over. But I certainly wouldn’t support a Fallout 1 or 2 remade into an FPS game.

Actually I’d support it because why not? But I wouldn’t pay for it.

I'm assuming 3D FPS like Bethesda is what he means
sadvaultboy.gif

...But the lack of physical control is disappointing.

Have you played Temple of Elemental Evil, or Pillars of Eternity, Dawn of War, or even Overlord?

3D (in this sense) is not about first person perspective; DOOM 1 had that, without being 3D. 3D is a datatype, as opposed to 2D. (Height, Width and Depth, as opposed to just Height, and Width.)

Fallout relies upon hundreds (thousands?) of little picture sprites to render the foreground and background scenes. 3D relies upon texture mapped mesh models (with calculated lighting) to do the same task.

Fallout cannot rotate the view, because it does not exist in the resource files. 3D games generally can—even if the developers don't use that option in game. The engine sorts and renders the 3D scene assets from any angle.

W40k.gif
*This is not normal gameplay for Dawn Of War, but the engine can in fact rotate the scenery and perspective view.

Last edited:
Is this Build Engine based? Also, welcome to NMA.
foodndrink-2.gif

Last edited:
I will buy ANY Fallout, from Bethesda or indie studio, doesn't matter. But if it will be remake of F1/F2 I would like to buy and support the finished or almost finished game. There are a lot of projects like "Oh look, new F2 on F3 engine, here are 5 screens and 3 houses made in Arroyo village" but these projects will never come to end or final serious pack. And to tell the truth I like old-school isometric style so if to vote I will prefer the modern version like Van Buren.

I think the classic games in the Bethesda style could work but you'd have to rearrange and reshape buildings to work in first person

Back