a mad-max game would be great

robveers

First time out of the vault
Even the concept of mad-max is relatively old and so much other medias borrowed a lot of things from the mad-max series, i think a game of a little bit crazy lone man, leather jacket, rusty but powerful cars, motocycle gangs, cannibals, politicians, communities trying to survive and scarcity of water, food, safety and oil would still be great.

but no critters. enemies should be human of course. or maybe, wild animals.

just a thought.

if i have some modding knowledge, i surely would do such a thing with the new vegas engine.

note: sorry if my english is bad. it's not my native lang. and sorry again if this sub-forum is not the right place to post this.

Yeah, gaming would be the correct area, but this is a great idea. They had one for the NES, but a next-gen game would be cool.

thanks for the reply. mad-max for NES was a complete failure as i can remember. a total waste of the movie.

because of my love for the film, the most pleasing moments of the fallout for me were;

1- entering the junktown in fallout original: this was a total mad-maxish moment. i was standing at the gates of the junktown, with a shotgun and my rusty old leather armor, waiting for the community to accept me.

2- entering the megaton in fallout 3: this is the only great place in the game in my opinion. i thought i was in "the postman (movie)". but the history of the place was very odd. an atomic(!) bomb that landed but didn't explode?...

Avalanche Studios, the developers of Just Cause, have been secretly working on a Mad Max game since 2008. Cory Barlog (God of War) was the lead until he left the studio for Crystal Dynamics some months back. Supposedly Mad Max is still in development and should be out around the same time as the new movie which finally started filming a week ago.

Mad Max RW said:
Avalanche Studios, the developers of Just Cause, have been secretly working on a Mad Max game since 2008. Cory Barlog (God of War) was the lead until he left the studio for Crystal Dynamics some months back. Supposedly Mad Max is still in development and should be out around the same time as the new movie which finally started filming a week ago.

I did not know that. Hopefully it isn't another shitty movie game though.

Well, Just Cause 2 was pretty fun.

Don't know how it'd translate to Mad Max though, unless they focused on the crazy stunt stuff like fighting on the hoods and roofs of moving cars and trucks.

Actually, that sounds awesome, yes please.

robveers said:
mad-max for NES was a complete failure as i can remember. a total waste of the movie.

Yes that's a pretty mediocre game but I find their "next-gen" unofficial sequel Outlander rather enjoyable. This was supposed to become another Mad Max game but Mindscape lost the rights to use the license somewhere along the way.

It has "endless" desert roads, biker gangs, leather jackets, (very basic) resource gathering, vehicular combat, sawed-off shotguns, small communities filled to the brim with gun-toting scum,...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6I506lXtKQ[/youtube]

http://www.mobygames.com/game/genesis/outlander

http://www.mobygames.com/game/snes/outlander

PainlessDocM said:
robveers said:
mad-max for NES was a complete failure as i can remember. a total waste of the movie.

Yes that's a pretty mediocre game but I find their "next-gen" unofficial sequel Outlander rather enjoyable. This was supposed to become another Mad Max game but Mindscape lost the rights to use the license somewhere along the way.

It has "endless" desert roads, biker gangs, leather jackets, (very basic) resource gathering, vehicular combat, sawed-off shotguns, small communities filled to the brim with gun-toting scum,...

well, this looks fun, but it's not my kind of game. some text-based adventure, or maybe some roleplay would be awesome.

i can say that i don't like dos games or snes/genesis/etc. the same game mechanics with a crappy plot in every game. maybe i'm wrong but this is my opinion. by the way, thanks for the info.

I think the closest thing we have to a Mad Max game is Rage to be honest. Never played it myself though...

Don't get me wrong, I love the Mad Max movies (have ever since I was a little kid) but a transition to a game just wouldn't work in my opinion. It's sort of like trying to make a movie out of a game, they never work.

I thought there is a game in the works, connected to the new movie. As it is connected to a movie, it probably will be linear and suck.

it should not be a movie based game. developers should just take the concept, atmosphere and theme. give us a rpg.

Interestingly enough, the first Carmageddon game was supposed to take place in the Mad Max universe, but they switched licenses to that of the cult movie "Death Race 2000".

Would have been fun to see that.

Hellion said:
Interestingly enough, the first Carmageddon game was supposed to take place in the Mad Max universe, but they switched licenses to that of the cult movie "Death Race 2000".

Would have been fun to see that.

Carmageddon was originally developed as a Death Race 2000 game, but they never secured the IP rights so the lead guy (Neil Barnden) came up with the name "Carmageddon". At best they took some inspiration from Mad Max but never planned to have it take place in the same universe. The wikipedia page is wrong.

Mad Max RW said:
genuinely shrieked and whooped with excitement,..not ashamed a bit 8-)

As far as I see now, every new movie comes out with a videogame, and 99% of those games are really bad. :(

Back