A new ranger needs advice

Discussion in 'Wasteland Discussion' started by Sublime, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Sublime

Sublime Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 5, 2018
    So, I've bought W2 and right now I'm doing Ag Center mission. Since I've just started I'd like some advices and maybe a judgment on my characters.

Edgar Silk mouth

Co. 3
    Lu 3
    Aw 3
    St 4
    Sp 3
    In 5
    Ch 7

Skills

Leadership 2
    Kiss Ass 2
    Barter 2
    Smart Ass 2
    Bladed weapons 1
    Quirk: Delayed gratification
    He's the frontman/leader of the group. Originally I wanted him to be a doctor, but I found that I couldn't make him do both. Right now he is using a pistol, but in the future I want to specialize him into becoming a sniper

Vincent

Co 8
    Lu 2
    Aw 3
    Str 4
    Sp 4
    In 6
    Ch 1

Skills

Handguns 3
    Ass rifle 3
    Dem 2
    Heavy weapons 1
    Quirk: Repressed Rage
    As you can guess he's the ranged/gun expert

Jacky Nun O'Connell (nickname is ironic)

C 5
    L 3
    A 4
    St 3
    Sp 5
    In 7
    Ch 2

Field medic 3
    Surgeon 3
    Bladed weapons 3
    Lockpicking 2
    Handguns 1
    Quirk:Ascetic
    She is the doctor of the group. Originally she was meant to be more of support, but she has became a good fighter.

Smiling Jeffrey

C 6
    L 2
    A 3
    St 7
    Sp 5
    In 4
    Ch 1
    Quirk: Psychopath

I think I've made a bit of a mess with the leader/doctor and maybe I've should have focused my characters more on a restricted group of abilities. Let me know what you think.

2. Proletären

Proletären Moderator

Mar 15, 2012
    You could always restart with a new character once you've figured out the systems! Makes the game more entertaining.

Going to ag center first is the right choice!

e: oops! meant highpool

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  3. Sublime

Jun 5, 2018
    I've read that Highpool is better. Anyway pod people are a real pain in the arse.

By the way I've decided to stick with these characters. I'm in Titan Canyon I'm doing fine. Though I must admit that progressing through the game I've learnt that I could have built them better. For example Brute strength seems to pair well with Melee, same goes for Energy and computer hacking. Furthermore I was wondering If lockpicking can be replaced altogether by Brute force.

4. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Nov 26, 2007
    There are some strange (world credibility damaging) design choices in that game.

5. Sublime

Jun 5, 2018
    Yeah traps everywhere are definitely annoying. I think they tried to push it so that perception and demolitions were more useful.