A Thread For Recommendations - NMA's Fallout 3

So there it is, the first drastic vats change: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=128

I have not and will not include it in my list for the moment, as it sounds rather unbalanced and pointless. But I will keep an eye on this and add it to the list when it appears to be playable

I have also told nad02s about the revelations gui. It seems as if he will merge the revelations-gui with his gui and the mainmenue pic - so stay tuned for the ultimate gui.

/e thanks for the info. the vats mod got deleted due to the nexus downtime, I updated the link

Roflcore thnx for collecting the good mods

your last link is to 'speed mod' not a vats mod tho

Eyenixon said:
What a fascinating and inappropriate release of your budding vocabulary Cataphract.

I used to string words together with no real context or meaning, it turned out I had a form of synesthesia that went by the name of Ordinal Linguistic Personification.
I beg of you, get yourself tested before you force me into reading another one of your elaborate displays of nothing whatsoever.

Synesthesia builds character. Cataphract, if anything, find some psychostimulant to compound and intensify the flow of chocolate-milk-bubbles in your cranium. :)

Thanks to all who've contributed to this thread! There's already a sticky that lists all mods having been released (that are of remote interest to NMA, while ignoring the likes of "ThugLife89's Golden AK-47 800-damage mod,") so I thought the purpose of this one might be just to compare various competing mods, as well as having some record of mention of early-days-of-modding gems which might get lost in the months and years to come as various "multi-mods" take over the scene, as happened with Oblivion and Morrowind. Looks good so far - and all without the slightest help from Bethesda...not even a modding section on their forums! What doo-doos.

Righto, I'll try out that VATS mod today, maybe it'll balance things a bit better. :) Bye for now.

Tycn said:
Renamed Weapons:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=140

Renames most of the guns to their FO1/2 counterparts.

I haven't (and won't) add this to my list, because I think the dangers of interfering with another mod (font/guis or texture mod) are far greater then the little benefit. I expect some major weaponsmod including weaponsrename to hit us within a month or so. so if you really need this, use it now, but I guess its not worth it.

Roflcore said:
I wrote a list, *snip*

What I dislike about those lists: the modders are often forgotten. they deserve all the respect for the work they done!
So let me say: thank you very much for you effort!

And writing a list you did! Wow, some work went into that, thanks man :) I've installed the PA armor mod right away, now I really have something to look forward to (haven't received PA training yet).

Wish I'd seen this before, now I'm at level 19 and nowhere near completing the game. Guess I was too used to classic FO gameplay, where exploring ("grinding") really paid off, and was inevitable (in some Enclave encounters).

Indeed the modders deserve respect, but so do the guys like you that advertise - you get the mods to the peple ^_^

About the "supporting this blah game" post: I gave this quite some thought myself. Then again, look at Half Life. Many people bought the game for the engine, never played the single/multiplayer original game, and went straight to the mods, with Counterstrike becoming the #1 online game for quite some time.
I hope some "classic Fallout feel mod" will once top the charts, so people realize the fanbase ignores Bethesda's hours of work and longs to Interplay's focus on intellectual versus graphical content.

Not that I loathe the graphic environment or hate the hours of work devs spent, those can't be blamed - they even did a great job. I just hate some Suits that decided this should be an empty graphical shell filled with unexploited possibilities.

I am currently a bit busy so the list have to wait for the moment. Nevertheless there were some interesting releases. I will update the list as soon as possible, properbly on friday or so, and even merge all the stuff that overlaps at the weekend or so. So farm the stuff at the nexus or just wait till the weekend.

Nice list dude.

The Bethesda forums seem to be in denial at the moment so all modding talk is mingled with the general game discusssion.

NMA are making it much easier.

I'm currently using;

*Classic music mod (music from Fo1 & 2) - Good as it replaces some of the crap Oblivion-esque scores included in vanilla Fo3.

*Sagers mod - Promising this one, still needs a lot of fine tuning but I can see it evolving into OOO for Fo3 is he keeps it up. Will doubtless expand its content as decent new mods are released and incorporated.

*One of the Armour rebalancing mods - Think it removes agility penalty from power armour in addition to upping the AC/DR.

*Remove compass and POI markers - Essential, helps alleviate some of the 'consolification'.

*DarN's UI - Currently in the early stages but eventually this will rival his Oblivion work. I highly recommend this, he has already reduced the size of the fonts, thus making barter menus and a few others dialogue menus more accesible and more suited to the PC.

*Reneers invisible Karma mod - Removes the text & sound when your karma alters. Another Oblivion modding stalwart, we don't share the same opinion on certain matters ( :P ) but he knows how to make a mod.

*Smaller crosshair - The one I'm using is just a dot, perfect.

All of these are on Fallout 3 Nexus, find them yourselves. :P

I just finished the merging, you can find the new version in my list or here (for the moment, or soon on nma):
[offline for the moment]

At the weekend I will update the list totally. If you take a look and ignore all those "golden desert eagle" and "naked chicks" mods you find some nice ones, I personally love the new (old) leather armor design.

Back