A Waste?

jakedj93

First time out of the vault
So, thanks to a fantastic Youtubing bastard named Sips, I started playing fallout.. and it is going great. 2nd day, I have an upgraded laser rifle, and soon to be upgraded power suit, and over 30,000 caps, oh and the water chip is obviously out of the picture.

But I am curious, I started with 10 Agi, and I cannot upgrade this in the Brotherhood of Steel. Despite a walk-through recommending I max it out for my play style, is this not a waste? If I went with 9 I could have gotten to 10, or is there some benefit I am not seeing..? Quite disappointing but I guess a minor problem with my very first character.

Depends on how much use you've gotten out of that extra AP before you got into the BoS I guess? :P
At that point you could be melting everything anyway, so really it doesn't make as much of a difference as getting it early.

It's a shame that you felt the need to use a guide on your first playthrough.

Kind of ruins the whole point of a role playing game if you just follow someone else's instructions to the letter and end up becoming some boring overpowered walking tank without struggling and earning it.

It's a shame that you felt the need to use a guide on your first playthrough.

Kind of ruins the whole point of a role playing game if you just follow someone else's instructions to the letter and end up becoming some boring overpowered walking tank without struggling and earning it.

I agree with this guy so much. Using a guide really spoiled the magic of Fallout 2 for me, although it's still my favorite game.

Glad you're enjoing this golden oldie, though! I highly recommend you give the sequel a go next, in my opinion it's the strongest one in the series. It also has a much more active modding community, so if you want to iron out the (MANY) bugs the developers left over, you can head over to the Modding forum and take a look there.

Fallout 1 is REALLY not about the money you have and the loot you find.

In Fallout 2 you need to care about the loot you bring, but not in Fallout 1. In Fallout 1 you can kill the Khans, not bring anything with you, not have any companions and only 5 strength, and halfway through the game you'll have so much money you won't even know what to do with it.

Long live Fallout 1's approach to loot!

But I do enjoy the first few areas of Fallout 2 for how scarce loot (and money) is. If only it weren't so easy to get filthy rich by killing highwaymen in the wastes... I don't do it though. It totally spoils the game.

Back