About to start FOnline 2238

Mr Krepe

Water Chip? Been There, Done That
As from the topic title you may have noticed i'm about to start my FOnline 2238 experience, and I want to be able to be prepared as much as possibly possible, so any tips for my first post-nuclear apocalyptic online adventure. Oh and tell me if i'm at the wrong place, i've checked the appropriate fonline 2238 wiki, and I would rather have player-to-player advice other than admin-to-player advice.

The only advice i can give you is NEVER EVER to touch any MMO.

Goddamnit, this fucking FO MMO pisses me more than POS and FO3 combined.

Brahmin Shit Shovelling: The Game :)

Honestly, I'd wait until it's finished. I've had my fair share of beta and stopped playing ages back.

Be prepared to deal with ultimate griefing. Its dead ATM cause much better action/kill for da lulz games are out AKA CoD and FNV just to name some.

If you die people can loot everything off your corpse. I suggest get 10 brahmin hides ASAP and use science on them at the right spot on map encounter and make yourself a tent. Only safe placer to store stuff that other players cant get to.

2. ALWAYS check the list on the left and make sure its your name only or someone you trust on it when you head to a tent cause they are in your party following you.

3. Keep important items in your hands/equipped cause thieves are everywhere. If someone walks up to you and does the fa action move away as it may be an attempt to jack your stuff.

^^^^^^
I just realised what you were saying there, please don't talk in tongues. But the rest I could understand.

Nice advice, but what most people are saying don't, is it that bad.

DarkCorp said:
Be prepared to deal with ultimate griefing. Its dead ATM cause much better action/kill for da lulz games are out AKA CoD and FNV just to name some.

If you die people can loot everything off your corpse. I suggest get 10 brahmin hides ASAP and use science on them at the right spot on map encounter and make yourself a tent. Only safe placer to store stuff that other players cant get to.

2. ALWAYS check the list on the left and make sure its your name only or someone you trust on it when you head to a tent cause they are in your party following you.

3. Keep important items in your hands/equipped cause thieves are everywhere. If someone walks up to you and does the fa action move away as it may be an attempt to jack your stuff.

I don't think so. MMOs nowadays are for kids and you can't rob other players. You get some points for killing them and thats it - they're just respawning 100 meters from where you killed them.

Good old rpgs like Ultima Online or Everquest or even DAoC were mainly played by adults. But then Blizzard took over and killed the genre because everything had do be Noobfriendly, with BIIIG icons and tooltips, no penalty for dying, and bending canon for the sake of balancing.

Well, then you might just wait until the game is finished... which will never happen, as such a project is never finished.

Thing is its an MMO. What do successful MMOS need? A big player base. In order to have dynamic/player driven economies you need big/ mature player base. I shot you and stole your 10mm istol and scorpion tale for da lulz is not my defenition of maturity.

And you see thats the problem with things like full loot drop. It serves only to encourage pvp retard happy trigger pullers while it turns away most of your "carebear" base. Without the "carebears", the game becomes alt city because nobody can trust anyone else. People who enjoy mining/crafting have to deal with endless coooldowns cause the devs would rather FORCE players to earn loot the CS, Rogues, TTTLA way by imposing pvp importance. I don't see any cooldowns for shoot in the eyes and steal BA technique.

Even if someone was on and was willing to trade with you, you have to rely on a car (and have a parkng lot ready) or have high OD, (which most power PVP builds ignore). Otherwise travel in the wasteland is too harsh to risk (another retarded wasteland is harsh for da lulz example). I can see the allure in having a mature MMO with real choice and consequence but having real life players ruins that completely. I mean look at endless suggestions about RP in unguarded towns and the like and everytime its shot down by trigger happy fuckos

What Fonline needs is a balance between WoW and EVE online. You can have PVP/FLD flagged on in certain areas but you need to have safe zones to conduct the day to day actions of civilisation. You need to give ALL guards 9999 HP otherwise trigger happy idiots will slaughter all the NCR/Hub OldTown Guards. The devs need to eliminate exploits like shop shooting and suicide bombings. You need quests that do not require a horrendous amount of travel be it a car, OD, (or the horribly broken train schedule since you can't even move time or have accurate schedules).

Right now the best analogy to Fonline is a wartorn nation where the most psychotic fuckos rule the day through mindless senseless slaughter.

Black Feather said:
The only advice i can give you is NEVER EVER to touch any MMO.

Goddamnit, this fucking FO MMO pisses me more than POS and FO3 combined.

I thought i was the only one...

Back