[Advice/feedback please] Buying an EXBAOX

The Raging Russian said:
3: After using a controller I honestly have no idea how anyone uses a keyboard and mouse.

For FPS games you mean..? Cause I have the controller for PC too, they're beyond cheap, in my country at least, and I use it for games who are best played with controllers, like Resident Evil 4, Devil May Cry 4, Psychonauts and so on.. But how can anyone think that FPS games are better played with controllers is beyond me.

Ausdoerrt said:
The Battlefield series in PC exclusive, and it's the best team shooter game up to date.

STALKER may be one of the best tactical shooters of late, and is PC-exclusive as well.

Besides, it's not all about being exclusive or not - many companies go multi-platform for more profit, but it's kind of obvious which games were developed on PC for PC, and which weren't.

I'd actually say that TF2 matches Battlefield for teamplay, but that's just me. TF2 seems to get a fair bit of hate for whatever reason.

^ I have not played TF2, so I wouldn't know, but I did play the original TF and its various remakes for other engines (esp. UT version). I do agree that it uses a very much similar idea in teamplay as BF, and is at about the same level. I cannot comment on the quality of the rest of the game though, due to lack of first-hand experience.

The original TF (the HL mod, not the quake mod. I think it was quake anyways) was fun but had major issues with grenades since every class had them and they were very easy to spam. Grenades ended up trumping most class weapons. TF2 took away universal grenades and made those the realm of the demoman in the form of his launchers. I think that the demo was probably the most overpowered of the new classes, but he's since been rebalanced considerably.

Anyways it's a great game, I highly reccomend the PC version. The controls on the console can be a real hindrance with certain classes, the Heavy in particular.

Back