Age of Decadence Overview

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Morbus, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Morbus

Morbus Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 16, 2006
    Today Vince D. Weller brought us a little something about Age of Decadence, this time through RPG Watch. You probably know about the "Let's play" thread in the official forums. For the most part, it's a huge mess and there are lots of discussions going on, lots of screenshots and lots of game information. Now Vince sums it all up (the first part actually) in a detailed article:<blockquote>(...) while you're welcome to visit our forums and participate in the Let's play AoD thread, it's a 50-page long beast filled with arguments, counter-arguments, argument-busters, and tactical nuclear arguments, so if you are only interested in the screens and some commentaries, this article, the first in a short series, is for you.</blockquote>Link: Let's Play AoD! @ RPG Watch

Spotted at: RPG Codex.

2. Slaughter Manslaught

Slaughter Manslaught Vault Senior Citizen

Dec 11, 2006
    Man, that was great! I loved that cool way to kill a guard! I've made up my mind, I WILL BUY THIS GAME.

3. Starwars

Starwars Mildly Dipped

Sep 17, 2006
    I've been following the thread on the Iron Tower forums. But it's a great idea to have an article by the side that just shows whatever is happening in the gameplay. I think it's stuff like this that will win over potential buyers when it finds its way out of the Iron Tower forums.

A different way of making a trailer. I think AoD is creating quite a buzz, and I really hope it will manage to "keep up" all the way up until its release.

4. cody92

cody92 Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 29, 2007
    I'll get it off ebay or something cheap one day, won't pay full price for it unless i read extremly good things about it.

5. shihonage

shihonage Made in USSR

May 8, 2007
    Regardless of the quality of the final game, I will buy it to support the cause.

6. Jora

Jora First time out of the vault

Nov 7, 2003
    Come on, the downloadable version will cost 25 dollars (less than 20 euros). You'll spend more money in one night in a bar. Besides, the free demo allows you to play freely in the starting town. :)

7. cody92

cody92 Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 29, 2007
    I'm to young to go to bar's :o , I'll have to try th edemo to see if i like the game.

8. jfreund

jfreund First time out of the vault

Jan 31, 2007
    I'll pay full price for it if it's halfway decent. If they can solidly implement what they've talked about so far, it will be a great game. With the big developers dumbing down their games for consoles, we've got to support the independents who are working to bring us actual PC games.

9. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    If it will have a good german translation, I will buy it. :)

10. Morbus

Morbus Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 16, 2006
    You know full price is 25$ on digital distribution, right? 50$ for physical, though.

11. Logan

Logan It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 6, 2006
    I will buy to support independent game development AND because I like what I see. I admit I wasnt very excited about it, but this "hands-on" changed my mind.

12. Ravager69

Ravager69 Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 21, 2007
    Indeed, this game looks like something I've been looking for for a long time. I'll wait for the demo, though, before I will make any judgements.

13. Neptune

Neptune First time out of the vault

Apr 7, 2006
    I haven't really been following this game, but now I'm pretty interested. besides "when it's done" is there any release date yet?

14. Stg Granite

Stg Granite Look, Ma! Two Heads!

May 8, 2007
    Before the end of this year.