alternative key for tilde

corporalCanada

First time out of the vault
i have a fujitsu lifebook A553/H

i finally recovered my steam account and reinstalled fallout new vegas... but the tilde key doesnt work to activate cheats.. but no problem whatsoever using tilde in skyrim (same game developper)

yes ive tried a usb keyboard.. nothing.. shift and tilde... nothing but there is a tilde on the top RIGHT of the laptop keyboard.... but smacking it doesnt accomplish anything...

In device manager under keyboard it sais Japanese PS/2 keyboard (106/109 key Ctrl + eisuu)

should also add that the down arrow doesnt work in the grub menu... i have to use a secondary usb keyboard to drop down to windows boot manager

Sometimes the tilde just doesn’t work. I remember I used to have a mod that added a “console command hat”. You’d just equip the hat to open the console.

i googled console command hat and found something on nexus ( the old fallout mod site) and it tells me i need to go to doctors office in goodspring... and ill find it there... but i dont know how to install a .esp file into fallout NV

the terminal in the doctors office gave me alot of perks but i just want to be able to type TGM and freely walk everywhere without any concern of dying...

i did find a "console cap" but i think i need another way to install it.. because each time i equip it, it gets automatically unequipped

i finally recovered my steam account and reinstalled fallout new vegas... but the tilde key doesnt work to activate cheats.. but no problem whatsoever using tilde in skyrim (same game developper)
Not same developer. Obsidian made New Vegas, but not Skyrim— I bet you knew that; still... different usage of the engine. ;)

Last edited:
gave up on fallout new vegas and got fallout 3... same EXACT problem... sacrifice 21 goats, press tilde.. nothing...

i dont understand how fallout 3 and fallout NV dont work but skyrim does.. looks like the fujitsu craptop isnt the issue...

playing fallout 3... had same problem till i used console key binder which lets me press f4 instead of tilde to get the console, downloaded it for FONV but it does function which is fine because i found a crazy laser minigun near a deathclaw cave called V something im having too much fun

Back