Any new-ish games you actually enjoyed?

maximaz

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Most feel like to-do list simulators because the art/writing/gameplay are too dull to dress it all up properly. Or maybe I'm just old.

I did have fun playing these though

Arkham City
Mario Odyssey
Zelda BOTW

Thats about all I can think of.

New-ish games?
(The games that I have most recently played were Shannara, and Companions of Xanth —still playing that one tonight; but these are not new-ish.)

I haven't heard of many recent games that seemed interesting.

Last edited:
New-ish? Arkham City came out 13 years ago.
I can recommend this game called Fallout New Vegas from around then, it was pretty OK.

It sort of depends on what you're into and how far back we're going.
If it has to be the triple A blockbusters, then no, they all suck except those 3 you listed probably, so you'll just have to play Zelda TotK, which was pretty good too, but kinda just a big expansion pack.

Sonic Mania. It took what made the old Genesis Sonic games great and did things better. I'm from the era of the classic Sonic games and, for the longest time, Sonic 3 & Knuckles was the last great Sonic game. None of the 3D games appealed all that much to me, unlike the 2D ones.

I played through Atom RPG twice and Atom RPG Trudograd once and am also enjoying Baldur's Gate 3.

Warno is fantastic, it's getting better with every update. I really enjoyed the first Army General campaign Bruderkrieg, especially holding back Soviet and East German hordes of T-72 and T-55s as the 11th ACR.
ed5cb96f2b7f4d52ae367210f2b25c394523a7de.gif

I still enjoy swtor, but it's getting grindy without any actual reward as I've completed most of it already. However I've been thinking of starting a new Wasteland 3 campaign.
@Millim Millim & Dano, Wasteland 3 stream when?

Last edited:
Wasteland 3 release date was in 2020, do you mean you played some other game 10 years ago? Wasteland 2?

1. Bravely Default 2
2. Jusant
3. Splatoon 3
4. Signalis
5. Palworld (if you have people to play with)

Waiting for Sand Land to come out.

Back