Any progress on overwriting armour colors?

nadeauhugo

Author of FOT mod THE SUM
Modder
Hi guys!

Any progress, somewhere, about doing what was discussed a while ago, overwriting the colors of armors, so a player wearing a black armour can look black dressed? I am working on armour and clothes item sprites at this time, just curious to see if somebody is working on that...

Allright... But the bad thing is taht I would need this for the original armors... like vaultsuit, leather armor, etc.

I guess somebody could one day be volontary to modify all these armor sprites... I mean CHARACTER sprites, transfer each and every animations to another layer (probably from layer 4 to layer 1), or program a APP to do this... That would make all armors to have independent and non-changeable colors...

If somebody achieve this or want to spend some time on this, please let me know!!!!

My last conversation with jarekfall (creater of sprite creater) i requested if a color slider similar to how it is in the tactics entity editor could be added for the layers in sprite creater.

In this way the metal armor .spr (or any sprite) file could be made to look like black armor re-saved as a .spr file, then when used with FT-Improver, add it in as a new armor, and bingo black metal armor, same thing would need be done for female versions. With this method many unique looking armors could be made through simple re coloring. That said, will only be possible if sprite creater gets color slider for the layers.

Edit: You could recolor Leather Armor to look like Leather jacket for instance(quik and easy too). A color slider for sprite creater is on my xmas list, ever since i asked him if it could be added (that was over 1 yr ago)

I think this is what u need hugo, though i recall u saying FT-improver cant be used with ur mod?

Last edited:
Oh yess that's exacly what I need! I don't have enough time to make theses sprites, but I think it is just a question of layers. You get a way to put all the parts except the skin on the first layer and add a color to it. Then the team color don't count anymore and you have a unique armour.

I know I said some things about FT-Improver that can't be used, but that was only for Campaign and Entities editor. I use only Improver for running my mod and for working with .MIS files. Works GREAT! So yess, If thoses sprites exists one day and you get your Xmas present hehe!!!, I'll add them right away as new armours to my mod and I think everybody will start using them A LOT!

If jarek ever adds color slider, they wouldnt take long to make at all.

It would be every tactics modders dream, if jarek appeared back on the scene.

Last edited:
Could be nice to have small teams of connoisseurs assigned to some of these already very functional tools! They could rely on each other when they have too much stuff to do in their lives :confused:

Back