Anyone given thought to making an Item Editor?

Wreckless

First time out of the vault
Not an inventory editor, but an actual item editor.

From what I've been reading there's some interesting hurdles to tackle as far as editing a savegame, but I'm more interested in an item editor that edits the attributes of the actual weapons/items/armor in the game.

It would be very nice, since there's so many different opinions on what weapons should do what damage, what Power Armor should actual entail, etc.
In particular it'd be nice to have guns that behave closer to reality and don't magically start falling apart after emptying a few magazines.

Any insight on to how easy/difficult that would be? Would this require a devkit first? While I'm very familiar with guns (raised around them, now an Armament specalist with the US Army) I'm not much of a programmer.

It's going to take a lot of in depth hex editing or third party tools to make items atm. If they release tools like they did for Morrowind and Oblivion, however, it will be pretty damn easy to add whatever you want.

The question is; does Beth really find it worthwhile to make tools for the community for free, with no possibility of making money on it?

It's getting more and more doubtful every interview they say, "Tools take a lot of work, no comment on whether we are going to make them or not."

Back